Thread: Irish, Scottish & Welsh rock

Default Irish, Scottish & Welsh rock

Can anybody introduce me to some bands that you think are worth checking out? I prefer seventies rock.

One band I know I'm gonna check out is Skid Row, the one w/ Gary Moore on guitar. I accidentally bought a greatest hits version of the OTHER band Skid Row (popular in the 80s and early 90s). Still have to listen to it. It turns out they legally bought the band name from the Irish band. I had no idea lol.

Thanks!
    Retired.

I don't think this is exactly the type of music that you were asking about. lol Though I like some songs from the groups The Prayer Boat(Emmett Tinley as a solo artist), Travis and The Blue Nile.

true, no rock, but very good suggestions. that Blue Nile song is very nice. I think their music would go well with Aztec Camera and Big Country which I'll be buying soonish

I faintly remember having heard the name The Blue Nile before. never knew what kind of music it was

I liked that The Prayer Boat song too

both very relaxing tracks

noted down for future listening and possible purchasing. if bought I'll get back to you with a short review

in fact I might go for the Travis CD first (I know some of their singles) because the comp they have out is really cheap
    Retired.

^^thanks, nice track!
    Retired.