Thread: Wonder Woman 1984

{>____<}

Default Wonder Woman 1984

The reviews are in and they're mixed of positive and negative. I'll be the judge for myself once I see it tomorrow evening. I'll let you know.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Shaolin Master

I was bored by the first one. I only went to see it cause of a bimbo.

Shaolin Master

Every review I saw for the second one has been very bad. I like the wonder woman from the tv show better.

I thought the first third of the original one, with the island scenes, was very good. then it sort of fizzled out. the CGI finale and the bad guy reveal were beyond stupid. but hey, it's Gal Gadot - so I'll def stream nr 2. also, I hope they go for some 80s nostalgia

I hear the attendance for part 2 is good in the US. Ironman, I'd be interested in reading your review
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-31-2020 at 08:48 AM.
    Retired.

The 1st 1 was stupid & overrated as fuck. I'll wait till it comes on the telly.

Banned

I hope 2021 is the year that comic book movies die
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I hope 2021 is the year that comic book movies die
    Retired.

Yeah..... Apparently there’s a whole bunch of them coming out? I think it’s a 2020 back date?

{>____<}

Hmm. I thought it was....good. Not bad but not great. The villains lack development and some scenes were over the top (we get it move on). People are upset about the wire work in the movie but I thought it was pretty good. There's not a ton of CGI in the film. There are good moments and I thought the over message was right.

Many people don't like it because they compare it to Marvel movies which isn't fair.

Btw, I saw the movie in a theater on New Year's Eve. Only four people in the theater myself included.
    Last edited by IrOnMaN; 01-03-2021 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Yeah..... Apparently there’s a whole bunch of them coming out? I think it’s a 2020 back date?
    it is, at least I think so too
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Hmm. I thought it was....good. Not bad but not great. The villains lack development and some scenes were over the top (we get it move on). People are upset about the wire work in the movie but I thought it was pretty good. There's not a ton of CGI in the film. There are good moments and I thought the over message was right.

Many people won't like it because they compare it to Marvel movies which isn't fair.

Btw, I saw the movie in a theater on New Year's Eve. Only four people in the theater myself included.
    thanks for the review. good thing there wasn't all that much CGI. if my streaming service shows this in a few months I'll give the first half hour a try and see if it is worth watching fully
    Retired.

{>____<}

^No problem. It's on HBO Max.

HBO has a deal w/ a local streaming platform (imaginatively called Streamz) for its original content here, which is why HBO Max has not been rolled out yet. they have several such deals in various countries. I expect 'Tenet' to become available on the local platform soonish though, hopefully within the next 2 months

when blu rays have interesting extras they're still worth the cop, esp if you are a collector. between my CDs and books I can't cram in any DVDs though, I sold my (rather small) collection a few years back
    Retired.