Thread: Brooklyn Zoo Alternate take + different mixes

Default Brooklyn Zoo Alternate take + different mixes

The uploader is collecting multitracks and sharing different mixes, been waiting for some Wu and heeere we go
    https://youtu.be/n74rDnFwQwc

He uploaded two alternate takes, the acapella and a mix without drums and one with only drums

Thanks for posting quam! This is a dope channel, there's a bunch of acapellas and demo/alternate mixes here that have never been available to the public before.

Gonna work on some mixes from this stuff.

It's gonna be an unpopular opinion but if it wasn't for GZA who wrote most ODB's lyrics and RZA who arranged all his songs and told him how to rap them, he would never have had any career, despite his great charisma. RZA polished his style to be bearable yet still raw and uncut. The version of Brooklyn Zoo shows that ODB was too off-beat and he needed someone to put him on the right track

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

^^^

You don’t hear anything off beat?

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    It's gonna be an unpopular opinion but if it wasn't for GZA who wrote most ODB's lyrics and RZA who arranged all his songs and told him how to rap them, he would never have had any career, despite his great charisma.
    I agree ODB always had the potential to rap horribly bad but when he gets it right, he’s one of the best IMO?

I think y'all are just used to hearing him do it a certain way, but actually if you watch his live performances he did it different every time, and was always on point.

^ I don't agree. His rap was very off-beat and as I said if it wasn't for RZA he would've had problem to start a decent career

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Veteran Member

YOOOOO! Thanks for posting...this is actually amazing

Veteran Member

Wonder if this person is an engineer or someone from the studio? In the about part on his page, it says he has the multitracks, so that means he has access to the tapes these songs were recorded on. Gotta be someone from studio, label or an engineer. Wonder how long these stay up for?
    Last edited by mantis_fist; 01-10-2021 at 07:25 PM.

^ Stuff like this has leaked before. Actually a few of them were already out there.