Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow. Apparently MF DOOM was inspired by CAPPADONNA - THE PILLAGE to come back 99-00

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Wow. Apparently MF DOOM was inspired by CAPPADONNA - THE PILLAGE to come back 99-00

Juan ep is dead podcast. Pt 2. Round 2:48-2:49 in an interview with big benn, dooms right hand since the beginning

Doom bought the alhum 3x because he played it out so much. Apparently he saw dooms energy change and doom made the first concrete plans to become the character, mask and mystery and all.

cool lil tidbit for sure. The doom/wu connection is the sound of ug hip hop pretty much.

The ABBOTT

That's cool, never even heard of this podcast. Going to have to give a listen, I would have never thought of MF Doom being a big Cappa fan.

very interesting and completely new to me. thanks
    Retired.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

The Pillage is one of my favourite Wu albums.

Cappa at his best, RZA, True Master, Mathematics, 4th Disciple, Goldfingaz - c'mon...

nada ignorante

If you in the woods check for a nigga, if you in the garbage check for a nigga
    N.I.

The pillage was actually a spiritual reset for the asiatic man

The Pillage is an example of what happens when your determined and get no help.

peace

If it's true and Doom returned to making music because of the Pillage then it's the Cappa's greatest accomplishment

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    If it's true and Doom returned to making music because of the Pillage then it's the Cappa's greatest accomplishment
    He had some singles in 1997, so not likely.

Remember that some tracks off The Pillage were already out in the underground. Plus, he mightr've been inspired by the album somehow. Doom's 1997 tracks are quite wack

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Does anyone besides soob think Dead Bent, Hey & Gas Drawls are wack?

I can see Doom being inspired by The Pillage cos it's an infectious record, but not influenced by musically - there's not a big crossover in their styles.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Does anyone besides soob think Dead Bent, Hey & Gas Drawls are wack?

I can see Doom being inspired by The Pillage cos it's an infectious record, but not influenced by musically - there's not a big crossover in their styles.
    Hey is dope but the two other tracks aren't that great and comparing to his stuff he did later they're wack

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Hey is dope but the two other tracks aren't that great and comparing to his stuff he did later they're wack
    Guess we'll have to agree to disagree here. I think every single one of the songs on the album are classic, but to each their own. of course his later albums are great too, you won't hear me disagreeing there. RIP to Viktor Vaughn, the Venomous Villain
    Retired.

I think this is an early example of Wu's influence on Doom. He sampled an old Kung-Fu film 'The World Of Drunken Master'.

nada ignorante

The Pillage will always be a classic album. I find it better than Tical
    N.I.