Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DMX-Itīs Dark and Hell is Hot

Default DMX-Itīs Dark and Hell is Hot

What yall think about DMXīfirst joint?

Banned

i think its a classic album and easily the dark mans best album!!!!

hardcore beats and rhymes and mad heart through the entire disc!!!!

earls pain is real and x has some of the strongest mic presence of all time!!!!

if you dont own this album slap yourself for being a a dumb fuck or check yourself cuz youre a youngin and go to the store and buy it!!!!

also, x's third album is criminally underrated!!! some of earls strongest rhymes are on that third album!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by angry! View Post
    i think its a classic album and easily the dark mans best album!!!!

hardcore beats and rhymes and mad heart through the entire disc!!!!

earls pain is real and x has some of the strongest mic presence of all time!!!!

if you dont own this album slap yourself for being a a dumb fuck or check yourself cuz youre a youngin and go to the store and buy it!!!!

also, x's third album is criminally underrated!!! some of earls strongest rhymes are on that third album!!!!
    co-sign man!

i think its a straight classic and dmx performance is so strong. i love the dark-gothic-raw style of the album. Its one of the realest albums of all time!

classic bro. my faves are Ruff Ryders Anthem, How Its Going Down, Stop Being Greedy and I Can Feel It

Damien is one of the sickest tracks ever, and the intro to the album is so fuckin hype i love that shit, yea i love this album its awseome, great production and hard ass lyrics
    my fav joitns are probably look thru my eyes, The intro, Let me fly the chorus on this song is sick i like x wen he sings like that, damien, atf, stop being greedy, niggaz done started someting, x is coming and for my dogs

one of the few albums outside of anything Wu that i know every word to.
    easily his best, an overall classic even tho it's hardly ever mentioned and in the only tape i think embodied that RR sound.

Banned

oh yeah x's hardest verse gotta be the closing verse on "niggas done started something"!!!!

everyone merks it including mase in murda mase mode, and when you hear the growl and he hits them opening lines you already knew who got the biggest rock off!!!!!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

This is one of the first hip hop albums I bought I remember recorded this shit to my walkman and it became the soundtrack to the first years of high school, I remember thinking damn this nigga barking in every verse wtf this shits straight off the fucking meat rack

used to get bugged the fuck out bumping this shit lol. I put alot of blame to many of my early school suspensions to the mindstate this shit put me in

Wu Vatican

classic.

wish he'd bring this style back.
    The earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that in glory and in triumph they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot.

People are too stupid to effectively conspire to do anything, but not too stupid to come up with conspiracy theories.

Classic album

X was one of the first rappers i heard, basically got me into rap and evolved from there. i think he has done that to a lot of people, Ruff Ryders Anthem was just one of those tracks. ATF is some raw shit

gotta say x was in the zone on this one he was just amazing!!

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

co sign
    Last edited by SMH; 09-16-2009 at 01:47 PM.

IMO this album has one of the best intros of all time. just listen to the fucking beat!
    check out how he performs the intro in front of like 100,000 people, while rockin red timberland boots: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anoP7hMbytY

Damien is one of the most incredible tracks of the 90s. its his best storytelling track.

DMX his first record is def a Hip-Hop classic, he helped bringing that Hardcore Rap and that whole Hardcore appeal to a mainstream crowd and you gotta respect him for that....
    He's one of those rappers that get respect from both Hardcore crowds and mainstream people....

great album
    i always hope DMX could get back the spirit and hunger he did back.
    he ruined it with all this Bitch talk and Homophobia songs.
    His horror stories are the best.