6 - ITS THE CHAMP PRODUCED BY BEATTEK

7 - LIFE UNFOLDS PRODUCED BY DRUNKEN MONK

8 - REMEMBER I AM PRODUCED BY TECHWON

9 - SO DAMN SICK PRODUCED BY TECHWON

10 - THE LAST BATTLEFIELD PRODUCED BY BEATTEK

11 - THIS IS WHAT WE RAININ' PRODUCED BY DRUNKEN MONK

EXECUTIVE PRODUCED BY SHEEP LORD AKA TECHWON

PRODUCED BY TECHWON, BEATTEK, FADE2DEAD & DRUNKEN MONK

THIS WAS MY FIRST SOLO PROJECT STRETCHING BACK TO 2009 *IGNORE SOUNDCLOUD STAMP, TAPE HAS BEEN BANNED FROM DATPIFF A FEW TIMES*

Got a lot of time on Sunday, will be listening to the mosy recent EPs you posted and provide some feedback. Good to get to hear your first tape.

p e a c e
    Retired.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

kooooooooool

Another dope album!! Thanks for sharing.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Another dope album!! Thanks for sharing.
    i was waiting for that break down lol nah appreciate it homes

track by track breakdown at last! long overdue

1 blowin multis fast
    - I like the start/stop of the beat and your lines, it's a real good way to open up the album because it makes you sit up and really pay attention. this track has a grimy feel with the 'bare' piano keys and synth stabs, some interesting drum patterns in the background too.

'I am blowing multis fast / throwing out your gats / thinking you speed racing / when I am racing you / you cannot protect ya neck against me'

ALAKAZAAM ALAKAZOOM!

dope track

2 chopstyle (I got style) - Techwon's got diversity, two completely different beats between tracks one and two. I enjoyed the 'chicken talk' at the beginning of the track

'coming off the throne / have my crown tilted up to the side / Yankee baseball cap / make that a Mets hat / fuck around'

I like how this track is kind of playful with the lyrics

3 crossing my swords - Techwon hits again with piano keys that kind of remind me of the first track on here, but the beat is at a higher pace and gets you into high octane delivery. works nicely. your flow is extra dope on here. intricate (s)word play. so far lyrically this was the top track

4 darth ciphaz
    - dark and brooding, that underground feel. Fade2Black delivers!

'stop trying to mimic me' - would be impossible for any emcee, you have your own style that sets you apart from the rest of the pack

'and you still can't compute nor view' - yep, they're not on your level

5 ever since - good use of the famous piano melody. AND it's the glorious return of The Special One aka Drunken Monk. so was this an old beat or did Monk bless you with new heat on this one

the delicate piano makes for a good contrast with your delivery, it works well

6 it's the champ - BEATTEK! I always like his beats and every time you work with him it makes for a good collabo. so when I saw his name in the tracklist I was like 'yep, another banger coming in'

and indeed. that lofi beat works well. 'I do dumbbells in my sleep / and rip mics when you n- weep'.

I like how you referenced the 'show these crabs how to rhyme' thread haha that was nice and fitting

'my ink pens be darts' - for sure

'refusin' to lose, never givin' up'

'beyond the perils of today / and make a brand new day / awake in flame / taking / taking that name / breaking that chain / make it that way / making my own lane / pole position I grab first place / taking the race regardless / I am a bliz my way through' so ill

7 life unfolds - great Wu Tangey intro to this track, then the gentle violin (weeping violin) kicks in and your flow is elegant and meshes so well with the violin. the way you deliver your lines here is like you are at ease with life and things that have happened, you sound calm and confident. you bomb on 'em, taking no prisoners. sound like you were getting things off your chest but still stayed in full control

'guess we shall see on the next episode on how life unfolds'

Drunken Monk came through again with this one
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    track by track breakdown at last! long overdue

1 blowin multis fast
    - I like the start/stop of the beat and your lines, it's a real good way to open up the album because it makes you sit up and really pay attention. this track has a grimy feel with the 'bare' piano keys and synth stabs, some interesting drum patterns in the background too.

'I am blowing multis fast / throwing out your gats / thinking you speed racing / when I am racing you / you cannot protect ya neck against me'

ALAKAZAAM ALAKAZOOM!

dope track

2 chopstyle (I got style) - Techwon's got diversity, two completely different beats between tracks one and two. I enjoyed the 'chicken talk' at the beginning of the track

'coming off the throne / have my crown tilted up to the side / Yankee baseball cap / make that a Mets hat / fuck around'

I like how this track is kind of playful with the lyrics

3 crossing my swords - Techwon hits again with piano keys that kind of remind me of the first track on here, but the beat is at a higher pace and gets you into high octane delivery. works nicely. your flow is extra dope on here. intricate (s)word play. so far lyrically this was the top track

4 darth ciphaz
    - dark and brooding, that underground feel. Fade2Black delivers!

'stop trying to mimic me' - would be impossible for any emcee, you have your own style that sets you apart from the rest of the pack

'and you still can't compute nor view' - yep, they're not on your level

5 ever since - good use of the famous piano melody. AND it's the glorious return of The Special One aka Drunken Monk. so was this an old beat or did Monk bless you with new heat on this one

the delicate piano makes for a good contrast with your delivery, it works well

6 it's the champ - BEATTEK! I always like his beats and every time you work with him it makes for a good collabo. so when I saw his name in the tracklist I was like 'yep, another banger coming in'

and indeed. that lofi beat works well. 'I do dumbbells in my sleep / and rip mics when you n- weep'.

I like how you referenced the 'show these crabs how to rhyme' thread haha that was nice and fitting

'my ink pens be darts' - for sure

'refusin' to lose, never givin' up'

'beyond the perils of today / and make a brand new day / awake in flame / taking / taking that name / breaking that chain / make it that way / making my own lane / pole position I grab first place / taking the race regardless / I am a bliz my way through' so ill

7 life unfolds - great Wu Tangey intro to this track, then the gentle violin (weeping violin) kicks in and your flow is elegant and meshes so well with the violin. the way you deliver your lines here is like you are at ease with life and things that have happened, you sound calm and confident. you bomb on 'em, taking no prisoners. sound like you were getting things off your chest but still stayed in full control

'guess we shall see on the next episode on how life unfolds'

Drunken Monk came through again with this one
    Techwon's one of my alias and this was when i started in the game and got frustrated waiting on producers so i did some myself

^^that makes sense going into the next track ...

8 remember I am Teckwon - SHOUTOUTS TO WUCORP much appreciated

'captain with one arm' - nice imagery there

this track reminds me of those shoutout full tracks rappers used to do at the end of their albums, I remember one such from House of Pain as particulary dope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK15...67gDY&index=17

9 so damn sick - another hypnotizing mantra in 'so damn sick of it' over this bare bones soundscape

'sick of the emotions / sick of the drama / sick of the words coming out of your mouth'

no holds barred!

'leave your team broken and shattered in pieces'

10 the last battlefield - ill beat, nice one BEATTEK. let them monks chant! beat is on the eastern tip

beattek opens the track nicely, I didn't know he rapped too. good delivery.

'how many bars I gotta write / to show you my insight / inside the lines I minds'

spitting nice darts in the second verse there, SHEEP

nice Garbage Pail Kids reference! ha, haven't thought about them in a minute

11 this is what we rainin down - Drunken Monk brings one more beat to the table

opening the last track with the word 'photofinish' was a nice touch or a shrewd way of sequencing the tracklist. it's small details like that, done on purpose or not, that make it feel a like a rounded out project

'open the war chest'

good way to finish the album with a short dart

I feel like this album, which, if I understand correctly, is a mixture of old tracks and more recent work, comes together well

I'll definitely be playing some of these tracks again later on, might let the whole project play out a few more times too
    Retired.