Thread: The Future Of Hollywood & Theatres [VIDEO]

Default The Future Of Hollywood & Theatres [VIDEO]

Interesting video. I like this guys channel, it's witty film/tv vlogs with a bit of politics/social commentary mixed in.

I didn’t watch the videos but I believe Netflix and all these other streaming services will never replace cinema. People like going out to the cinemas, plus it offers an experience that you can’t recreate at home.

I believe all those video store franchises missed out (Nod to Charlesjones) by not taking their businesses online when they had the chance?

The ABBOTT

All of the big studios will just start thier own streaming service like Netflix, as Disney already has. The studios could offer a better backlog of movies then netflix, try to lessen Netflix influence.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I didn’t watch the videos but I believe Netflix and all these other streaming services will never replace cinema. People like going out to the cinemas, plus it offers an experience that you can’t recreate at home.
    Streaming doesn't need to completely replace Cinema in order to cripple huge businesses and change the way the industry works permanently.

The first vid is about the fact that covid 19 has rapidly accelerated the demise of cinema. The movie chains aren't going to suddenly bounce back from this, especially when Disney owns all the box office hits and wants to cut out the middlemen.