Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: When did you feel you were really financially independent?

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    On the subject of being a provider, by chance most of the women I've been with earned more than I did. We never pooled incomes though.

I remember one woman getting upset when I went from full time work to 17 out of 20 official working hours. The relationship was getting intense (at that point we'd been together for a year and a half) and I'd had some health issues, and I thought I could do with a breather by slowing down on work. In fact the lighter work load was obligatory (medical reasons).

She was absolutely LIVID when she found out I was no longer going to be working full time hahaha. It was interesting because she was a relatively big earner, I'd say around $1,000 or upwards more than my wage (monthly), and she was upset not because I was gonna bring less money to the table (like I said I never pooled income with partners) but because I DARED to slow down in the work department. "How are you gonna slow down now already when we don't even have kids yet?" I was too dumb to understand then but looking back now that convo right there could have taught me a lot about myself and why my outlook on both money spending and relationships isn't gonna play well in traditional (?) relationships.

I will say that my actual income never played a part in how partners viewed me (at least not that I've been aware of), unlike how their parents viewed me. God, I detest in-laws, but not as much as they detested me lel.

I've learned that women process the idea of income radically different from men. It doesn't mean the same thing to them the way sex doesn't mean the same thing. The modern world puts pressure on both sides to pretend it's not there but it's more hardwired than the programming is willing to acknowledge and thus hasn't been effectively 'shaken off'. That's why I was saying it's smarter to buy a house etc then have a women move in, even if she makes more, from my observation. Women are always going to want you to be the one that makes shit happen and for the most part have a low opinion of themselves. So if you're doing something with them equally, then they'll have a low opinion of you too lol. Even if they pretend that isn't the case, in the back of their head they're thinking 'I'll eventually get this fool to make more money', so I can see how not wanting to work as much would shatter the matrix. Men really fuck themselves over with that 50/50 shit. We think it makes sense because we're raised to think women are men with boobs but that's not what it is. Women are too inconsistent to be 50/50 about anything. If she makes more I'd still try to be the one paying the fundamental shit so that you're not negotiating everything else in your life which will be fucking lame.

I'm not a guru or anything but somethings become obvious once you're married that you can't see otherwise.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Get it bro. Do they have lawns in Australia? I imagine it to be like Arizona.
    All of our major cities and the overwhelming majority of the population is on the coast, plenty of grass in the yard unless you visit the Italian communities where they concrete everything lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I've learned that women process the idea of income radically different from men. It doesn't mean the same thing to them the way sex doesn't mean the same thing. The modern world puts pressure on both sides to pretend it's not there but it's more hardwired than the programming is willing to acknowledge and thus hasn't been effectively 'shaken off'. That's why I was saying it's smarter to buy a house etc then have a women move in, even if she makes more, from my observation. Women are always going to want you to be the one that makes shit happen and for the most part have a low opinion of themselves. So if you're doing something with them equally, then they'll have a low opinion of you too lol. Even if they pretend that isn't the case, in the back of their head they're thinking 'I'll eventually get this fool to make more money', so I can see how not wanting to work as much would shatter the matrix. Men really fuck themselves over with that 50/50 shit. We think it makes sense because we're raised to think women are men with boobs but that's not what it is. Women are too inconsistent to be 50/50 about anything. If she makes more I'd still try to be the one paying the fundamental shit so that you're not negotiating everything else in your life which will be fucking lame.

I'm not a guru or anything but somethings become obvious once you're married that you can't see otherwise.
    ^^very insightful

It's good to hear the married people's perspective and insights here, because it looks like IRL my married friends discuss these topics with each other, but not with me. They get to talking to me about their (past) relationship when they're out of it. But the 'current' marriage stuff only seems to get discussed between people who are married themselves. I'm thinking it's some form of loyalty?
    Retired.

Banned

I handle all the finances at the house and I’m the one with the credit and i pretty much dictate money and budgeting for the most part.( but as TSA said, she gets me to buy the shit we need because I wouldn’t if she didn’t and it’s better I do.)

She works and keeps her own checking account but puts away a set amount we agreed upon.

It works for us she trusts me with money, bills are always gonna be paid and she don’t have to worry about anything to do with the house or the cars or utilities I handle all that.

But I’m a control freak like that I could never have someone else handle my money. She dislikes all that budgeting stuff so it works out for us.

We have similar core values about life that’s why it works so well for us and I imagine for any successful marriage/relationship.
    We’re both traditional. I think that’s helps it’s more conducive to “pair bonding”.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    All of our major cities and the overwhelming majority of the population is on the coast, plenty of grass in the yard unless you visit the Italian communities where they concrete everything lol
    lol those eye-talians are not the kind of eye-talians we are familiar on here with

BLOCC the concrete.

Are you looking to buy a house in the next two months or is there no time pressure at all? Best of luck with the house hunting.
    Retired.

Banned

lol those eye-talians are not the kind of eye-talians we are familiar on here with

BLOCC the concrete.

Are you looking to buy a house in the next two months or is there no time pressure at all? Best of luck with the house hunting.
    Lol yea that must be an Aussie thing.

We have similar core values about life that’s why it works so well for us and I imagine for any successful marriage/relationship.
    We’re both traditional. I think that’s helps it’s more conducive to “pair bonding”.
    Definitely.
    Retired.

Banned

BLOCC the concrete.

It's probably more greeks but they're all wogs in the end lol

I'm looking to be gone from my current place by easter, I still need to sort some shit out but nothing has really grabbed me so far. 2.2% variable interest rate too

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

There is something deeper behind this angst toward women from these two.

I think both situations have an entirely different root cause.

Shifty’s been through a recent tragedy, and has paranoid tendencies. I just think he doesn’t trust women. Or anyone.

Hounds is more Freudian. Most likely an issue with his own mother or feelings of repression. maybe even latent homosexuality.
    dooch

you’re right on the money again, I DO NOT trust women, i have shared my story here before . I’d be the biggest fool on earth to ever trust a woman again. I’m a boss again, my networth is intact again, i do what i want, when i want again .

my dick gets wet and i don’t have to give up shit for it, i just have to be the great looking bronze god i am. Great great life

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    dooch

you’re right on the money again, I DO NOT trust women, i have shared my story here before . I’d be the biggest fool on earth to ever trust a woman again. I’m a boss again, my networth is intact again, i do what i want, when i want again .

my dick gets wet and i don’t have to give up shit for it, i just have to be the great looking bronze god i am. Great great life
    So it was one woman in particular that got her hooks into you, shifty?

On the subject of being a provider, by chance most of the women I've been with earned more than I did. We never pooled incomes though.

I remember one woman getting upset when I went from full time work to 17 out of 20 official working hours. The relationship was getting intense (at that point we'd been together for a year and a half) and I'd had some health issues, and I thought I could do with a breather by slowing down on work. In fact the lighter work load was obligatory (medical reasons).

She was absolutely LIVID when she found out I was no longer going to be working full time hahaha. It was interesting because she was a relatively big earner, I'd say around $1,000 or upwards more than my wage (monthly), and she was upset not because I was gonna bring less money to the table (like I said I never pooled income with partners) but because I DARED to slow down in the work department. "How are you gonna slow down now already when we don't even have kids yet?" I was too dumb to understand then but looking back now that convo right there could have taught me a lot about myself and why my outlook on both money spending and relationships isn't gonna play well in traditional (?) relationships.

I will say that my actual income never played a part in how partners viewed me (at least not that I've been aware of), unlike how their parents viewed me. God, I detest in-laws, but not as much as they detested me lel.
    ^^^^see, so damn the fact that you need a break, damn the fact that there are health issues involved , damn it all. You’re nothing but a workhorse to take care of them , and god knows what they are doing and with who when you ain’t around . This is exactly the kinda thing that changed my outlook. The day i woke up and never looked back. I’m glad them days are over until I’m an old millionaire that can’t wipe his own ass then I’ll get a young floozy to suck my dick and wipe my ass daily for pennies because that’s my god given right .

So it was one woman in particular that got her hooks into you, shifty?
    A few tried
    but one in particular really really irked me, i broke all the rules i have , she had 2 kids which is usually a no no for me but i went ahead and gave her a shot because she kept hounding me about being into me. Lemme summarize this story for ya, i used to be the monogamy champ who does everything to please his woman, i did everything for her, she was a broke bitch who had no passion, no work sense , and before long the mask fell off and her Masculine wannabe traits started showing themselves , i was called every name in the book, i had to whoop her jail bird brothers ass for stealing from me, got into fights all the time because she couldn’t act like a god damn human being , but i didn’t give up on her , before long , i elevated her life , got her back in college and a great job, all the while taking care of her 2 kids with some bozo in jail that put a hit out on me.

wanna know how it ended dooch? She started messing with a dude at he job i got her , bringing that man into our bed when I’m out running my business , then she started coming home late and her lil daughters cried one night till they called cops on me because they thought i was abusing them, long story short , her sister who thought i was the best man she has ever met after bringing so many positive changes to that whole family structure told me the truth about her . I saw her with my own 2 and i hated myself for it. I don’t date broke women or women with kids but the one time i decided humility was the way, the one time i thought some broke bitch from Chicago would be grateful a man accepted her and her 2 kids and gave her the kinda life people only dream about , it’s the one time i saw the true nature of women.

DOnt fool yourselves , they play the part all the time, they aren’t genuine , so the new me plays the game too. I’ll fuck, jizz and we can go about our lives . But me using my resources on a woman again is a no no.

there’s only one woman for me. But right now I’m still getting my dick wet. Atleast i know she loves me too so when I’m done corrupting all these wack bitches , I’ll consider making her a common law wife

Banned

A few tried
    but one in particular really really irked me, i broke all the rules i have , she had 2 kids which is usually a no no for me but i went ahead and gave her a shot because she kept hounding me about being into me. Lemme summarize this story for ya, i used to be the monogamy champ who does everything to please his woman, i did everything for her, she was a broke bitch who had no passion, no work sense , and before long the mask fell off and her Masculine wannabe traits started showing themselves , i was called every name in the book, i had to whoop her jail bird brothers ass for stealing from me, got into fights all the time because she couldn’t act like a god damn human being , but i didn’t give up on her , before long , i elevated her life , got her back in college and a great job, all the while taking care of her 2 kids with some bozo in jail that put a hit out on me.

wanna know how it ended dooch? She started messing with a dude at he job i got her , bringing that man into our bed when I’m out running my business , then she started coming home late and her lil daughters cried one night till they called cops on me because they thought i was abusing them, long story short , her sister who thought i was the best man she has ever met after bringing so many positive changes to that whole family structure told me the truth about her . I saw her with my own 2 and i hated myself for it. I don’t date broke women or women with kids but the one time i decided humility was the way, the one time i thought some broke bitch from Chicago would be grateful a man accepted her and her 2 kids and gave her the kinda life people only dream about , it’s the one time i saw the true nature of women.

DOnt fool yourselves , they play the part all the time, they aren’t genuine , so the new me plays the game too. I’ll fuck, jizz and we can go about our lives . But me using my resources on a woman again is a no no.

there’s only one woman for me. But right now I’m still getting my dick wet. Atleast i know she loves me too so when I’m done corrupting all these wack bitches , I’ll consider making her a common law wife
    Yea lol I could see why you’re not into all that right now. I think you’ll eventuallly settle down again. It’s like you just got out of a bad marriage at least you didn’t marry her. Or have kids with here.

Banned

There's nothing really insightful in TSA's post above it's just him assuming what goes on inside the mind of a woman.

^^^^see, so damn the fact that you need a break, damn the fact that there are health issues involved , damn it all. You’re nothing but a workhorse to take care of them , and god knows what they are doing and with who when you ain’t around . This is exactly the kinda thing that changed my outlook. The day i woke up and never looked back. I’m glad them days are over until I’m an old millionaire that can’t wipe his own ass then I’ll get a young floozy to suck my dick and wipe my ass daily for pennies because that’s my god given right .
    I agree with this. That woman didn't care about Hal but for some reason Hal needs to be the provider because it's what is expected of a man? dafuq lol we aren't hunter gatherers anymore the woman can go outside and get her own job and provide for herself. I also agree with shifter about not trusting women, I don't trust them and especially not since I am buying property; you won't catch me in a divorce selling my place to give a bitch half of stuff.

Nobody has yet to explain why marriage is essential and what benefits it brings and I mean tangible, real world benefits not stuff like "you just see shit differently when you're married" or "you grow" we all grow lol marriage doesn't change that it just shifts the direction you grow in. Most of you have already displayed a general inability to look after yourselves without a woman: Dooch can't cook or clean, b-dolo is a gambling addict with no credit so he needs financial support, TSA is emotionally fragile and needs someone to hear every inane thought he has for the daily reassurance; the outlier is Ironman who is just old school and believes in the traditional, albeit outdated, gender roles of a household and I sense a strong determination to provide what was taken from him at a young age, I know a few people who's parents passed young or they were from broken homes and wanted to provide strong families.

What I want to know is: why are all you married dudes that bang on about how marriage is great not fathers yet? Where are your seeds? What's the point of marriage if you aren't having kids?

We also need to recognise that the pro-marriage people are a couple of black dudes and an Italian guy ie traditional values, family priority, do as the christian culture says. White people - western europeans, anglo-saxons - in 2021 are alternative, we don't follow religion and we don't follow traditional family beliefs. A lot of us don't want children and a lot of women are career focused it's just different.
    Last edited by The Hound; 02-02-2021 at 09:16 PM.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    There's nothing really insightful in TSA's post above it's just him assuming what goes on inside the mind of a woman.

I agree with this. That woman didn't care about Hal but for some reason Hal needs to be the provider because it's what is expected of a man? dafuq lol we aren't hunter gatherers anymore the woman can go outside and get her own job and provide for herself. I also agree with shifter about not trusting women, I don't trust them and especially not since I am buying property; you won't catch me in a divorce selling my place to give a bitch half of stuff.

Nobody has yet to explain why marriage is essential and what benefits it brings and I mean tangible, real world benefits not stuff like "you just see shit differently when you're married" or "you grow" we all grow lol marriage doesn't change that it just shifts the direction you grow in. Most of you have already displayed a general inability to look after yourselves without a woman: Dooch can't cook or clean, b-dolo is a gambling addict with no credit so he needs financial support, TSA is emotionally fragile and needs someone to hear every inane thought he has for the daily reassurance; the outlier is Ironman who is just old school and believes in the traditional, albeit outdated, gender roles of a household and I sense a strong determination to provide what was taken from him at a young age, I know a few people who's parents passed young or they were from broken homes and wanted to provide strong families.

What I want to know is: why are all you married dudes that bang on about how marriage is great not fathers yet? Where are your seeds? What's the point of marriage if you aren't having kids?

We also need to recognise that the pro-marriage people are a couple of black dudes and an Italian guy ie traditional values, family priority, do as the christian culture says. White people - western europeans, anglo-saxons - in 2021 are alternative, we don't follow religion and we don't follow traditional family beliefs. A lot of us don't want children and a lot of women are career focused it's just different.

Family is definitely important to me.

But let’s talk about you.

What’s your relationship with your mother like?