Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: When did you feel you were really financially independent?

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Lmao
    like i said , you think you own shit around these parts but you don’t .
    and matriarchs aren’t bad as long as they understand at night they have to be on their knees and backs and serve me , their superior.

and iron man, you can, there are countries where you have ownership of what you pay for without government interference . Expand beyond your area code my friend.
    I have to be the provider of the house. It's just who I am.

I know that, Grave. I am talking about living in America which is expensive. We could adopt their practices but as you've stated, they wouldn't make money.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I have to be the provider of the house. It's just who I am.

I know that, Grave. I am talking about living in America which is expensive. We could adopt their practices but as you've stated, they wouldn't make money.
    you get it.
    capitalism is about making money but most importantly using the money to hold on to the desires of the population. As long as that’s a thing in this country, ownership will always be gray .

Ironman , I’ll share the last thing my dad shared with me before he died last year, have atleast 3 hustles, I’m sure you have other skills that can earn . Use em my guy.

Banned

Tectrus Moa's perspective of what make's a man, A MAYNE! is so strange

"I have to be the provider" lol what is that nonsense? Do men still fall for this in 2021? That sounds ego driven to me

If I ever decided to ruin my life and get in a relationship the bitch is getting a job and paying 50%

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    the there's a bunch of land you're not allowed to use? he was also surprised that native Americans didn't look like white pppl with face paint so this is a different type of bloke
    You're leaving out far too much context here; yes there's a bunch of land you're not allowed to build on it's called land that you don't own lol

Are you talking about land that the Aboriginals claim? Development restrictions within designated zones in a council area of a city? Heritage listed/protected land?

Property is not my area of expertise but I know when my parents sold their house I said "why are you fixing the place up the people who buy will just knock it down anyway" and they told me the council or state government changed the rules on development and increased the size of the land required which took their property from within the old boundaries to just outside of the new one which cause their value to go down a bit because it's no longer competitive with developers it's just people buying it to live it.
    Last edited by The Hound; 02-02-2021 at 02:29 AM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

yeah but you're literally deeply fucking depressed and lost. He told you where he started and where he's at, and you, who's visibly depressed not only know more than him, but insist of combating him for saying 'this is what I realized that helped me out of a dark place'. Are you sure you're not the one being egotistical?

idk about the austrlian land stuff but the guy said it's expensive because cities aren't 'allowed to grow outwards' because there's some sort of land ppl can't build on til the gov approves. He's probably retarded so if you don't know the context of what he's saying then it's might be retarded, I'm just the messenger.

as far as the 50/50 thing, I use to think that way too until I actually got married and realized what it was about. A wife isn't a roommate. Maybe a girlfriend but you've basically already signed a death warrant with that relationship doing that bullshit. ideally, i would have tried to buy my house BEFORE getting married, but I didn't have the JEWELS until I was married.

Banned

There is something deeper behind this angst toward women from these two.

I think both situations have an entirely different root cause.

Shifty’s been through a recent tragedy, and has paranoid tendencies. I just think he doesn’t trust women. Or anyone.

Hounds is more Freudian. Most likely an issue with his own mother or feelings of repression. maybe even latent homosexuality.

The ABBOTT

Yeah, that being a provider is ingrained within males. It is not something we even choose. It is genetics for us to take care of the ones we love with supplying the money/food/shelter/protection from harm. This has been studied and linked over the years to almost every society.

Banned

A problem gambler who leeched off his second wife who was already years along paying a mortgage is not a provider btw

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    idk about the austrlian land stuff
    Of course you don't but there you are talking about it because as usual you need validation from knowing about everything. I thought your new years resolution was to be less opinionated?

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Banned

The Hound just got approved for pre-approval up to $550k home loan, not bad on a single income. Time to go properly hunting!

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    A problem gambler who leeched off his second wife who was already years along paying a mortgage is not a provider btw

Of course you don't but there you are talking about it because as usual you need validation from knowing about everything. I thought your new years resolution was to be less opinionated?
    You must not comprehend American English to well. Cause I laid it out for you already. That ,are somewhere on the spectrum, Which then I understand and I wont try to explain things beyond your comprehension going forward.

On the subject of being a provider, by chance most of the women I've been with earned more than I did. We never pooled incomes though.

I remember one woman getting upset when I went from full time work to 17 out of 20 official working hours. The relationship was getting intense (at that point we'd been together for a year and a half) and I'd had some health issues, and I thought I could do with a breather by slowing down on work. In fact the lighter work load was obligatory (medical reasons).

She was absolutely LIVID when she found out I was no longer going to be working full time hahaha. It was interesting because she was a relatively big earner, I'd say around $1,000 or upwards more than my wage (monthly), and she was upset not because I was gonna bring less money to the table (like I said I never pooled income with partners) but because I DARED to slow down in the work department. "How are you gonna slow down now already when we don't even have kids yet?" I was too dumb to understand then but looking back now that convo right there could have taught me a lot about myself and why my outlook on both money spending and relationships isn't gonna play well in traditional (?) relationships.

I will say that my actual income never played a part in how partners viewed me (at least not that I've been aware of), unlike how their parents viewed me. God, I detest in-laws, but not as much as they detested me lel.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-02-2021 at 06:08 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    You must not comprehend American English to well. Cause I laid it out for you already. That ,are somewhere on the spectrum, Which then I understand and I wont try to explain things beyond your comprehension going forward.
    I speak proper English

Listen, you’re a self confessed problem gambler who was divorced from his first wife with a ton of debt; it doesn’t take rocket appliances to work out what happened my cousin was also married to a gambling addict and the situation played out the same way; Then you married a woman who was already paying off her own mortgage.

Gambling addicts - or addicts of any kind - are not provided

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

The ABBOTT

I didn't create the debt from 1st marriage. That why I questioned your reading skills. There is a big difference between a casual gambler and gambling addict. I drink occasionally so I must be alcoholic?

Banned

The Hound just got approved for pre-approval up to $550k home loan, not bad on a single income. Time to go properly hunting!
    Get it bro. Do they have lawns in Australia? I imagine it to be like Arizona.

Congrats.
    Retired.