Thread: Rap City The Basement Raekwon, Ghostface, and RZA

Default Rap City The Basement Raekwon, Ghostface, and RZA

Ain't never seen it before. Dope, old Wu style, and the way they talk is ill lol

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

{>____<}

Classic material. Thanks for posting. I miss shows like this. YouTube and Facebook pushed them out. It's a different feeling/experience seeing artists on TV vs the internet.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Yes, basically Facebook and the Internet in general made that artists (at least) for me aren't that "mysterious". When I was younger I used to listen to a lot of Polish rappers and a lot of them were some kind of idols and people I looked up to because they seemed like from different word. When I became a moderator on Genius and had a lot of contacts with different Polish artists I found some of them so dumb that I would've never listened to them when I was young, had I known how stupid they were lol.

Nowadays, you have a lot of artists who just reply to fans on FB and it's cool on the one hand but it crushes the barrier on the other hand

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

nada ignorante

Props for the video good times
    Last edited by hotnikks; 01-30-2021 at 01:59 PM.
    N.I.

Shaolin Master

I remember this episode of rapcity, when I was in grade school. This aired about 20 years ago!! Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Yes, basically Facebook and the Internet in general made that artists (at least) for me aren't that "mysterious". When I was younger I used to listen to a lot of Polish rappers and a lot of them were some kind of idols and people I looked up to because they seemed like from different word. When I became a moderator on Genius and had a lot of contacts with different Polish artists I found some of them so dumb that I would've never listened to them when I was young, had I known how stupid they were lol.

Nowadays, you have a lot of artists who just reply to fans on FB and it's cool on the one hand but it crushes the barrier on the other hand

Yeah...... This is true now everyone wants to know everything about everyone. It takes the mystique away from when you were young.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Yeah...... This is true now everyone wants to know everything about everyone. It takes the mystique away from when you were young.
    Co sign this. You can basically follow the everyday life of artist on IG especially the ones be posting non stop. The persona of their rap self doesnt match their true self.

The ABBOTT

Is there anywhere to watch full episodes of Rap city da basement that also includes videos?

I love it when people post throwback vids (no irony, I really mean it). thanks for posting. these are always a treat
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Is there anywhere to watch full episodes of Rap city da basement that also includes videos?
    unfortunately, as far as I know, this is as close as it gets : https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...+full+episodes
    Retired.

^^I did just find the full Mobb Deep 1999 episode here https://archive.org/details/RapCityMobbDeep

it takes a while for the vid to load to get it to play, but it works after a minute or so

check the 'Similar Items' section at the bottom of that page for some more episodes or segments

I also found the episode for 9/14/01 https://archive.org/details/Popcorna...401FullEpisode

possibly archive.org has even more episodes, I didn't check further
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-01-2021 at 05:03 AM.
    Retired.

^ There's tons of MP3s and videos on archive.org but I never have enough time to rip it off from it. YOu're kinda inspired me to do so. I wish youtube didn't block all old videos so I could easily upload em

that's what masculinity looked like. no sugar in them tanks.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    ^^I did just find the full Mobb Deep 1999 episode here https://archive.org/details/RapCityMobbDeep

it takes a while for the vid to load to get it to play, but it works after a minute or so

check the 'Similar Items' section at the bottom of that page for some more episodes or segments

I also found the episode for 9/14/01 https://archive.org/details/Popcorna...401FullEpisode

possibly archive.org has even more episodes, I didn't check further
    Thanks for this. Also found a few full episodes of Yo Mtv raps on there.

that's a strong ass toilet