Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coming 2 America (2021 Trailer)

Finally.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

If this disappoints. Eddie Murphy just needs to call it quits. I will give every chance , it doesn't need to live up to the original, just something halfway decent.

i kinda feel like this title should have been left alone. but what do i know..

looks wack as shit. Hopefully my low ass expectations will help me enjoy the movie more.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    looks wack as shit. Hopefully my low ass expectations will help me enjoy the movie more.
    Apparently it's a PG-13 as well.

The first is one of my fav comedies of all time. This one though already seems below par as the comedy leans more towards slapstick & goofy.

Coming To America is one of his best films. The only one I'd put above it is Trading Places.

As a kid I liked 'The golden child' but I haven't seen it since.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Apparently it's a PG-13 as well.

The first is one of my fav comedies of all time. This one though already seems below par as the comedy leans more towards slapstick & goofy.
    idk what happened but I feel like ppl can barely write comedy anymore. I would say the writing of dramas has improved over the years but comedy took a serious shit. The Name is Dolemite was pretty funny, Wesley Snipes being in both movies is a plus. Dude is lowkey a comedy legend. But yeah, I see a lot of shitty tyler perry slapstick, and a lot of lame 'africa' jokes when the actual africa is literally hilarious and about 50% of memes now. Idk what they're going to do in the movie but whatever dumb ass lion joke they were trying to pass off in the trailer means someone heard there was lions in Africa and bypassed 'Why ah you geh' so make room for a lion joke.

Also, most young actors/actresses have the present of wet shit. Whenever I see them in a movie I know it's not going anywhere.
    Last edited by TSA; 02-09-2021 at 03:03 PM.

The ABBOTT

Eddie Murphy created a TV pilot for Coming to America. It never was picked up.

I was shaking my head after the first 10 minutes.

The ABBOTT

That sucks. I guess I will pass on this too.

they are pushing the movie hard on the Amazon retail website. I can't remember having seen movie or series trailers before posted at the top of the shopping pages

this is unrelated but I wonder how much record companies pay to get albums put in the picture on Amazon. I have noticed this a lot with the most recent few Bruce Springsteen albums and a (God help us all) Harry Styles album. they are suggested when you look for something else. also, when a music item search does not turn up any 'real' results, those artists' albums are mentioned at the top anyway (it could be different albums in different regions, I don't know whether this hold for the US and the UK too). I think some big promo budget money is involved here
    Retired.

{>____<}

I'll still check this out, even though it is an Amazon film.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    It looked bad in the trailers and well it is bad. They went down the slapstick route, I laughed maybe once throughout the movie. It was unfunny, cringe and just stupid.

Snipes is just so over the top and ridiculous but so much more could have been done with him, but no they made him a goofball. Like the first movie is actually kind of serious when you think about it, there isn't a single goofy character. Stereotypes yes but nobody goes overboard. There are similar scenes here with the first and you can just compare the two. In the first nobody is acting ridiculous but the movie is still funny, in this one you got atleast one person acting dumb in every scene. This ain't comedy.