Thread: The Cure, The Rebellion, Crystal Mef, CL3, Blue & Cream, Or Dark Matter?

Wu-Veteran

Default The Cure, The Rebellion, Crystal Mef, CL3, Blue & Cream, Or Dark Matter?

What's the most anticipated?
    Which one will drop first?
    Which one will be the best?
    Which one wont drop?

I'd love to hear The Cure and The Rebellion. CL3 and Ghost album will probably drop first. Rebellion ain't never goona drop I think, and The Cure is not likely to drop. Crystal Meth may drop someday and so is Dark Matter but both Meth and GZA are lazy-ass bastards and they don't give a fuck no more

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

tbh I don't think any of these are ever dropping.

Cure, Rebellion, Dark Matter (verses for Dark Matter used for gza's input into wu group album 'A better tomorrow' I think) aren't dropping. I don't think GZA is EVER gonna release an album anymore

CL3 & Blue & Cream are probably gonna turn out to be one and the same album? I wouldn't hold my breath. this ish has been cooking for ages and still hasn't been released. it's not gonna drop.

Crystal Meth? yeah, not much hope there either

I think we WILL see the Ghost & DOOM album. the tracks that were wrapped up will make up what I think amounts to a (longish) EP and DOOM's family will get behind releasing this just like they want anything Madvillain related to drop as well
    Retired.

I believe that Cuban Linx may drop as Rae still releases his album quite regularly. GZA might not release Dark Matter cause 1) he doesn't rap no more 2) it doesn't pay off. How many units is he able to push? 10k? 20k? And mostly in Europe. People don't buy CDs no more and they don't care about GZA, too.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Yeah if Rae and Ghost don't throw their albums together in one RAGU project I agree that Cuban Linx 3 has the best shot at getting released

lol I wonder if Cappa hadn't released an album in 8 years would people be clamoring for an LP of his

supply and demand
    Retired.

I think they'll all drop, except probably The Cure.

Doesn't mean they'll be good, but I'm fairly optimistic about Dark Matter and SC2.

None of these album will be good. Cuban Linx will be probably a decent album. Rae can still make a hit album imho. Meth will record 10 verse and will invite 100 nameless rappers from the block. If Ghost album was recorded 10-15 years ago, then it'd be dope but if they're new verses, the beats gotta be dope cause Ghost sounds good now only on dope beats. On average beats he sound boring.

Wu-Veteran

I heard a rumor that Cuban Linx 2 would have some Griselda involvement.

True or false I bet Rae will make sure its official as 1 & 2.

Blue & Cream I have high hopes for. Ghost always comes with mad flavour.

The Cure...I don't bet on it ever coming out...but with RZA..you never know. The world sure could use that right now.

The Rebellion and Crystal Mef are like their chance for Deck and Meth to finally reach their solo album potential..

Deck verses reached an all time high on WuTang Forever imo..it was truly Witty and Unpredictable...and detailed. His lyrics were levels above everyone..his flow was untouchable too.

Meth has been crazy consistent as of late....slaying features...I just want him to bring some more Unpredictable to his Witty. He's proven to have lasting power..and also proven to be top 10 DOA IMO

GZA...been so quiet. His liquid swords delivery killed everything at the time too..Dark Matter is mysterious.p

Hopefully we can get another Wu Flood in before everyone calls it quits.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Lol ya'll wishing on a star. Most if not ALL of this shit ain't dropping. Only thing I have faith on is Raekwon dropping something because he said he wants to put out at least one more project and Westside Gunn said he was going to Executive produce Raekwon's next project. Everyone else I have no faith. Ghost might drop something but he needs good production as someone mentioned earlier. I don't care for anyone else dropping something, GZA? He's retired as far as I'm concerned. Deck? His last album was dry to me so I don't care for anything else. RZA? Why would RZA rap at this point? He's eating in other ventures. Ya'll still holding on for dear life in here.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

I just want the Method Man & Havoc album. That and Heist of the Century II

Veteran Member

I still have a sliver of hope that Meth can release a solid album. Crystal Mef would probably be my most anticipated album. The cure world have been good 20 years ago

Ok let’s settle this, this is all my opinion also could be called educated guesses:

The Cure- Rza makes beats for occasional song releases, composes music for soundtracks, makes movies, and will possibly make one more wu tang clan group album. Solo rza album being released is extremely low possibility to not happening.

Dark Matter- Gza dropped a couple singles that got 0 traction and little recognition. Then he used his verses written for dark matter on the “A Better Tomorrow” album. I’m pretty sure he’s said he’s retired from making music. So this album is not happening.

The Rebellion- Deck is more into making Czarface then solo material. And I don’t blame him. He writes verses, spits them, and the songs are made without much more effort from him. Czarface is more popular and sells better then his solos. This isn’t happening.

Cuban Linx 3- Rae will hold onto the Cuban linx popularity as long as possible. This album will come out imo. But the longer he waits to release it the less anticipation and ultimately sales aka $ will be generated.

Blue and Cream- is blue and cream the same as SC2? Either way, an album with this specific title won’t be released. We’re gonna get more ghost albums but it’ll either be a random title or the doomface album next. Then maybe SC2 to end his solo career.

Crystal Meth- this makes me sad to say because he’s my favorite hip hop artist of all time but I don’t think an album with this name will come out. We’re gonna get the Havoc collab album next and possibly more general collab albums down the line. Just like deck, I can’t see Meth releasing a fully solo album again. Which is an absolute shame. His flow and ability to make dope songs hasn’t stopped imo. If he had better emcees on his other albums they would be dope but their rhyming just isn’t up to par. Although, as long as I’m hearing new method man verses im happy.

bonus:
    cappadonna- pause for some time, get better beats and take your time with your verses. He has the capability of making a dope album.

u-god- retired I think

masta killa- NSD is a modern wu classic. Still listen to it and know every word. The follow up releases had some bangers but weren’t up to par to NSD. In the same vein as cappadonna, time is the biggest factor here. If he takes his time and really puts the effort in he can make another NSD or close to it. I hope there’s another killa solo release but don’t see it happening unfortunately.

wu tang clan group album: this is a 50/50 toss up. Unless someone like cilvaringz puts it together it won’t happen imo. I don’t see them coming together to release another clan album unless the $$$ is right. I mean REALLY right, high amounts, and equal for each member.

Basically, we all need to come to terms with the fact that wu tang clan as a group and its solo artists aren’t going to be as prolific and therefore less likely to release any new music. Trust me, I hate to say this but it’s reality. I hate to say this too: the last REAL wu banger we had a chance of hearing was OUATIS. That was taken from us and that’s the tragedy of this groups almost 30 year career. The REAL fans didn’t get to hear and enjoy, what sounded like, the groups final curtain call.

PEACE
    Last edited by trinking; 02-14-2021 at 10:24 AM.

Prospect
    Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...

The only album id like to see out of these is really a Man Vs. Machine album with Meth and Conway over grimey dusty beats.

Or a RAGU and a RZArector album!

Prospect
    Were just worms in the worst part of the apple thats rotten...