Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you think a new Wu group album can still bring the heat AND make big sales?

nada ignorante

Quote Originally Posted by Kutman View Post
    Last time they went platinum was with The W
    no shit, i remember the gravel pit single did really well back then.
    N.I.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Real question... at this point, if any Wu producer you like puts together an album from left over recordings, verse here, verse there, would you mind it because it wasn't recorded conventionally or would you not mind as long as the shit sounded good? I'm curious.

Eastern village

What fans miss is the energy they had when they where young and hungry. The same goes with rzas production. The problem now as I see it is that everyone has their own careers to focus on and send in verses. If they could get together maybe rent a house as when they did before and work on music as a unit they could probably bang out a dope and focused album. I felt the last albums felt like just a random collection of random songs.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

In my humble but experienced opinion, the energy comes from the production. Their delivery reflects the beat and the vibe of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Real question... at this point, if any Wu producer you like puts together an album from left over recordings, verse here, verse there, would you mind it because it wasn't recorded conventionally or would you not mind as long as the shit sounded good? I'm curious.
    if it sounds good, it sounds good

also it'd be a shame to see previously unused verses just wither away in an archive
    Retired.

If it's good music it's good music. But also what you're describing doesn't count as a 'proper' Wu-Tang Clan LP since somebody else is putting it together out of already existing material.

I want to hear what they will do now as a group, with Ghostface at the helm, artistic progression etc. I don't need more Wu style production, there's literally 30 years of classics and a gang of underground artists doing it. I'd rather hear RZA get even weirder with the beats.

^ Just releasing a whole (double) album of any unreleased songs from the 90s and 00s would be a massive hit. No need to make new versions, just remaster it and promote it right.

PRODIGAL SUN

Yes they can, but only members and some affiliates on the album

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Really does not matter to me, I just want aggressive rhymes and dark beats.

Shaolin Master

Wouldn't mind as long as the music was tight. In fact, I'd prefer the final product being in a producer's hands b/c then they'd have the opportunity to flesh out the song more around the vocals.

Also, you'd know more than me but I get the feeling many Wu emcees would likely reuse a verse from an unreleased track so you'd probably have to do a lot of editing running through the vaults anyway.

Eastern village

My humble experience I partly agree with you. But as a group you get the best result vibing of eachothers energy instead of just supply a verse on a topic that they agreed to rap about. For example nas rewrote hes verse on johnny blaze after hearing Puns verse. And I think bone thugs made big rewrite hes verse aswell on their collaboration song.

Eastern village

In my humble but experienced opinion, the energy comes from the production. Their delivery reflects the beat and the vibe of it.
    My humble experience I partly agree with you. But as a group you get the best result vibing of eachothers energy instead of just supply a verse on a topic that they agreed to rap about. For example nas rewrote hes verse on johnny blaze after hearing Puns verse. And I think bone thugs made big rewrite hes verse aswell on their collaboration song.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    For example nas rewrote hes verse on johnny blaze after hearing Puns verse.
    Pun’s verse on John Blaze is sick.

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

To me, a bunch of old recordings put together on an album is cool if there are some gems in there, but it's not a "true" album in the artistic sense.

Shaka Amazulu has been putting this type of content out for a few years now and it's rarely what I would call album quality.

Did the artists sit down and craft a body of work with a beginning middle and end? Na. Maybe people don't care about that, which is fine. But I do.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

I want the realness. I want Wu to sound like Wu. RZA should bring in the Wu-Elements for this one and keep shit within the Wu-Fam regarding features.. Yeah I know.. We’ve been saying this for
    years, but that’s the thing they gotta do to bring the HEAT. Real fans are the ones who’s gonna buy and stream they music, and there are still a large fan base. But they want the shit that made them fans in the first place! The 3rd Eye has spoken..

Peace