Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang: An American Saga Thread

I'd need a Killarmy season down the line but it wouldn't do numbers

realistically speaking, maybe season 3 on the first half of the first round of solo albums

season 4 on the second half of the first round & forever

season 5 bob digi special season with all the bob digi superhero and supercar fuckery

season 6 U-God drama and Rae inventing the word Immobilarity (gonna need at least 4 episodes to explain that last one)

btw never got to see season 1. major bummer
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I'd need a Killarmy season down the line but it wouldn't do numbers

realistically speaking, maybe season 3 on the first half of the first round of solo albums

season 4 on the second half of the first round & forever

season 5 bob digi special season with all the bob digi superhero and supercar fuckery

season 6 U-God drama and Rae inventing the word Immobilarity (gonna need at least 4 episodes to explain that last one)

btw never got to see season 1. major bummer
    Lol Immobilarity.

They could also devote a whole season to the Rico case the feds were building against the Wu, and the whole Caruso informant drama.
    It would be like Wu meets the Wire.

The ABBOTT

I always thought Immobilarity came from the movie Godather 3?

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I always thought Immobilarity came from the movie Godather 3?
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1429402/raek...-immobilarity/

I remember it as an acronym. Of course, could still be a word in The Godfather 3 and as such be the real inspiration. I saw the movie but don't recall hearing the word in it.
    Retired.

Looked it up, it seems in the movie there was a company called International Immobiliare

https://godfather.fandom.com/wiki/Immobiliare

It's also the Italian word for 'real estate', which makes sense with the company name

Immobilarity could STILL be inspired by 'International Immobiliare', with the acronym being a backsplanation by Rae

you know, the way Junior M.A.F.I.A. was some ludicrous acronym as well
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-16-2021 at 04:58 PM.
    Retired.

Masters At Finding Intelligent Attitudes

Retired.

36 chambers is easily the worst cd i ever bumped

Quote Originally Posted by mr rusev View Post
    https://wutangcorp.com/forum/showthr...ev-cover-blown

RIP mr rusev aka the lurker
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by mr rusev View Post
    This made me lol.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Default Idk about this wutang show bruh

there's a lot I went ahead and ignored first season because the 'this is cool this exists' factor was strong. But it's worn off and, idk. How are these kids professional actors? LOL

And how did you manage to find the 7.5 people in Hollywood who are not remotely aware of the group they're trying to depict? None of the characters except the ODB kid and the Raekwon kid are remotely trying to depict the character they're playing. It's made even worst when you consider that all of them have very distinct behavior and aspects of themselves that are impossible to miss if you have watched 1 interview of any of them. So as a professional actor, how can the guy playing Ghostface think he's doing an ok job? Dave East is trying a little more this season with Method Man and I understand he's not an actor by trade (one of the most ridiculous casting choices for the most visible, universally marketable member of the group btw). But who exactly are these kids trying to depict?

Out side of the horrible acting and character work (Divine is good, ODB is good, and Raekwon's good). They don't dress, talk, or rap like the era they're trying to depict at all. Who's doing costume and why, at their height of 90s nostalgia, are the missing the mark so badly? They have interviews, videos, random footage of the members and what they wore if (for some reason) the person has never seen what 'the 90s' looked like.

Then the rapping. How do they manage to deliver every line like a low testosterone, tone deaf, middle aged divorced women. This shit sounds like your low-magnesium friends turn at karaoke night. Take a fucking flintstone vitamin before your take nigga jesus. nigga said "for crying out loud, my sound is wild, so book me" lol tf?

Needless to say, the exceptionally lame kid playing Rza should be killed off.
    Last edited by TSA; 10-03-2021 at 09:59 PM.

look at how the ODB looks at the camera with the look of bravery bruh. Then look at the ghostface kid lol. Nigga lift your chin tf? lol

nada ignorante

I refuse to watch it due to the awful acting... Shits corny as fuck LOL
    N.I.

The show has had its moments.

When it comes to rapping - I don't remember Cube's son or any other dude who played NWA had any skills. It's difficult to expect that any actor can actually rap like rappers from every person's GOAT list.

This is basically Hallmark-like fairy tale but it has some quality.

The guy who plays RZA kinda dropped the ball though.

Son of the Egyptian Blood LEGENDARYSTATUS33's Avatar

Default .

I really don't get what people want or expect. The budget is pretty high for this show. There is a ton of creativity and the pacing is fantastic. They are not trying to rush through the story, but they are spending 126 seasons with every tiny detail. The actors are way off for the most part, but we all followed these guys for 25 years now very closely. The fans are going to notice every tiny inconsistency. I let it go a while ago that these cast really won't resemble the clan very much. The ones who I feel are pretty close are def Raekwon, ODB, Divine, Power, and U-God. In fact so far I think U-God is the closest. He's got that I'm down, but I got myself to worry about attitude. He's got his Napoleon complex down. The one's who are WAY off are Deck, I don't feel Deck acted like this in real life whatsoever. And I hate GZA's portrayal the most, so goofy...it's awful. Ghost is hit or miss, he's got that stubborn behavior down, but his body language is way off. But for all the things I don't like, I'm just happy I live in the present day where Ican see my favorite artists of all time get shine in the media like this well into their fifties.

PRODIGAL SUN

Typical wu stans on the corp complaining about everything.

the only problem on the show is the rza actors voice and actors being being slightly off per how much us wu STANS know them BUT thats only an issue for US STANS. Theres never been a show were there are 15 recreations of obscure people in history and expecting every single one to be dead on. If anything rza did a GREAT job showing these quirks in guys personalities with little scenes without explaining ; ie. Rae wanting to be his own man from day one, gza being in and out and rarely being around everyone, meth being low key as fuck just wan talk about comics, ugod looking at shit sideways all the time and playing devils advocate, rzas work ethic ruining his relationship with his girl

odb. Rae divine power and ghost are KILLING season 2. Yall complaining about the clothing, its called a budget bruh. Its not gonna be easy dressing 15+ dudes in vintage 30 yr old gear. Complaining about the language… this show is brough to us by DISNEY.. its not gon have deep godbody vernacular every episode. Its a tv show, it has to relate to the masses, not just wu fans… complaining they dont sound like the real people on the recreated tracks for the show… REACCCCCH. not even hollywood budgets are able to pull that off with movies about ONE singer… let alone 10…

PETTY. Especially that last reason about their voices on the songs. Opinions like this and this forums history of complaining about every wu album in existance is why this forum is a laughing stock on all other forums when it is brought up.

i knew something was off when every hip hop forum/discussion spot has threads with hundreds of replies deep talking about how good the show is but theres like 3 people talkkng about it on the wu forum itself…

season 2 is a huge step above season 1. Bigger budget. Deeper dive into their history. Yet you complaining about a wu show that has WISE, RNS, references to 4th, Pop the Brown Hornet, easy mo bee, rhyme recka, etc. The last 3 episodes (5,6,7) are wu fans dreams come true; everyone is saying how good it is… but wu corp in its infinite wisdom strikes again ( SORRY TO YALL THAT LOVE IT, the lack of talk on the subject/history of the forum had me seeing this opinion a mile away).

never change wu corp. 20 years of never being happy with wu going STRONG
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 10-06-2021 at 09:15 PM.