Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nba players who "load manage" are idiots

Default nba players who "load manage" are idiots

i think they should get slapped with a $500k fine for each game not played

The ABBOTT

Agree. The amount of money they make, and they can't even play every game seems to be ridiculous. No sympathy for those who do so.

Do you think it would reduce the risk of injuries or do you feel this would make no difference at all?
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

It probably helps reduce injury slightly. The problem is this. Say you are average income NBA fan and you go to one or two games a year. You spend a decent amount only to find out the best player is sitting out for load management. Sucks for you. This is a recent phenomenon, most players cared previously about fans and their legacy more than making sure they prolonged their career, to maximize money earned.
    Last edited by b-dolo; 03-12-2021 at 01:04 AM.

if players got slapped with $500k for each game they "load managed" it would stop within a month

dudes makin more than ever dont mean they gotta sit out more than 1 game in a row

Has anyone noticed that elite sport stars seem to get more injured these days? I don’t remember things being like that when I was younger?

The ABBOTT

^there is definitely some top tier athletes that are injury prone. You wonder if they are just hurt or really injured?

wnba > 2021 nba

wnba athletes dont fake "injuries" or whine like over paid little bitches when shit dont go their way

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    It probably helps reduce injury slightly. The problem is this. Say you are average income NBA fan and you go to one or two games a year. You spend a decent amount only to find out the best player is sitting out for load management. Sucks for you. This is a recent phenomenon, most players cared previously about fans and their legacy more than making sure they prolonged their career, to maximize money earned.
    So I'm supposed to shatter my knees and end my career early because someone's a broke loser? Once my knees are shattered will that asshole get his money back? Nobody cares about fans because ultimately the only way to get that title is to be an incapable asshole that feels entitled to someone's life and health because their talent is entertaining. Imagine being good at something, then cause someone likes that thing you're good at, they think they're doing you a favor and you should do things that will warrant injury because you owe them so much for liking your talent.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Has anyone noticed that elite sport stars seem to get more injured these days? I don’t remember things being like that when I was younger?
    they're starting younger and playing older. More wear and tear.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    So I'm supposed to shatter my knees and end my career early because someone's a broke loser? Once my knees are shattered will that asshole get his money back? Nobody cares about fans because ultimately the only way to get that title is to be an incapable asshole that feels entitled to someone's life and health because their talent is entertaining. Imagine being good at something, then cause someone likes that thing you're good at, they think they're doing you a favor and you should do things that will warrant injury because you owe them so much for liking your talent.
    You missed the point. It just sucks for the fans when players do this. Whether they should or not, is debatable. It would be like going to a wu concert and Rae/Ghost decided to take the night off.

I'm kinda getting tired of sports fan culture and this is one of the things that I'm not trying to see as much of any more. I would rather have a winning team than the guy I like run an extra 30 mins when I'm around just because I'm around. If I buy a ticket and the star of my favorite team loses functionality somehow (injury etc), that's way worst than him not playing a lot at the game I paid for or not playing at all.

sports fans literally get mad at players and teams for having tact and strategy. Then you listen to the conversations and ultimately they want the players to go in there and start headbutting and punching each other to prove they're 'tuff' in a non-contact sport.

The ABBOTT

People are always going to route for a player that play hurt and give it their all. Their legacy will not be diminished compared to lode managers. See Jordan, Kobe, Giannis Willis Reed, Paul Pierce, etc.
    Last edited by b-dolo; 08-22-2021 at 12:49 AM.

Default r.i.p. lebrons career

dude taking more "load management" vacations than ever

whats worse than this is dudes like john wall gettin $40 million to stay away

isnt there a way that adam silver can void these finesse deals