Thread: There was almost a Smokey and the Bandit remake starring Wu-Tang Clan

Banned

Default There was almost a Smokey and the Bandit remake starring Wu-Tang Clan

David Zucker (producer and director of Naked Gun and Airplane!) said he once pitched a movie with the Wu-Tang Clan in a remake of Smokey and the Bandit. Obviously that never happened, but Zucker directed Scary Movie 3 in which Rza, Method Man, Raekwon & U-God made cameos.

@1:45:50

https://play.acast.com/s/industrystandardwbarrykatz/industry-standard-96-david-zucker

The ABBOTT

So I have to wonder how the remake would follow the original? Smokey/Bandit trying to get a truckload of Coors from Texas to Georgia illegally. How does the updated version follow the original?

FYI, at one point, Coors beer in the U.S. was restricted to only certian areas because it was non pasteurized. Meaning it only could be delivered cold on a refrigerated truck to ensure it would not spoil. Therfore it was only available to selected states in close proximity to Colorado.

Banned

If I had to guess, they would probably have been delivering weed.

would have been great to see the legend Burt Reynolds (RIP) in a movie along with the Wu, even if ALL of them only had cameos
    Retired.

haha interesting

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    would have been great to see the legend Burt Reynolds (RIP) in a movie along with the Wu, even if ALL of them only had cameos
    i don’t think it was a cameo appearance. Listen to the interview. The Wu was in the pitch meeting with David Zucker and the studio executives.