Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OUATIS Question

Shaolin Master

The article seems to be misusing NFT term for the Wu part of the article.

The Wu related bit is about the book that there's already a thread on & is just a very limited physical release- I don't understand why they're attaching the NFT label to it.

Now, the MF Doom augmented reality digital masks are NFTs and that was interesting- especially the payment structure w/ a portion of each sale being royalties.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post
    OATIS II for the fans?
    Buddah Mac heard "OUATIS II".

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Also, what about disc rot? That will definitely set in before 88 years
    When I first learned about this, I immediately thought of disc rot. CD's are one of the most unreliable formats to store data on. And more and more information is coming forward on that, after 20+ years of storage by people. That is even forgoing the fact that less and less people even have access to a cd-player. Be it in a laptop, or let alone a standalone player to use with their hifi system.

Now I seem to recall the cd being gold or something? I wonder if that would benefit the longevity of the disc.

On another note, cd-audio is basically coded on 44.1 kHz 16 bit. This would mean that a higher version could never be released since the masters are gone.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Buddah Mac heard "OUATIS II".

Eastern village

I dont think a oatis will never happen. After hearing Inspectah deck on doggie diamonds he felt like he got lied to were the verses he had on the project was for. He was told it was for a mixtape that was only to be released in europe. And he also claimed the guy who made the artwork sued the whole clan for money. You can find what he says around the 1.37 mark in the doggie diamonds interview.

Is theese things sorted out before the interview was released or is it still an issue? If its still a issue I cant see any of the clan members do buisness again with you agin cilva. Exept maybe rza.

Im not hating on what you did but would like to get things a bit clearfied so I can continue to support your work as a fan. How he laid it out though it doesnt seemed people got paid what they was promised. But Im just on the outside getting small info of whats going on.

Nope. He's utterly wrong. Never told him about a mixtape and nobody really cared what it was for or where it was going. What they cared about was the bag and there's nothing wrong with that. He wasn't lied to at all. Once we had the tracks ready and put them together it sounded like a Clan album. RZA then heard my concept out and said he was down with slapping the Clan name on it if the Clan was with it in a majority number. I then called the Clan one by one and the absolute majority was down. Deck was called too. He was the only one worried about it confusing A Better Tomorrow but said that if the rest was down, "do what yall gotta do". That's the exact quote. As far as money, he wasn't swindled or slighted whatsoever. I can show you a multitude of support from the Clan following the announcement. Everybody was with it, everybody knew, everybody was paid for their work. So all that crap that came after, that's brothers trying to distance themselves from the Shkreli wave. And if you ask me, corny shit, end of. And weak.

Spoke to Masta Killa the other day and all was love. Said he didn't even remember the call. Imagine if the whole Clan forgot? Wouldn't that be some shit? Mixtape for Europe... lol.. all that money for a mixtape in Europe. And he didn't get sued by the guy who made the box. He got sued by some luni who took a picture of the box and thought we used the picture as an album cover. Shit got thrown out real quick.

Peace CT

Yeah Shkreli ending up with the album was a game changer. Only us handful of Wu nerds on here knew backstory. So the masses that read headlines that Wu sold a single copy album for millions to a rich d!ck head was not gonna be good PR for he Clan. Especially in the inner city. Peace

When you think Wu-Gambinos is on a Wu-Tang Clan album, and Guillotine [Swordz] is on Iron Man, it is perfectly possible you have forgotten about the OUATIS call. Just saying...

@1.04:45

Eastern village

Thank you for answering.