Thread: Paramount+

Default Paramount+

New streaming service Paramount+ went live in the US earlier this month

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wha...u-need-to-know

It hits parts of Europe by the end of the month too

Interesting offer? Is anybody considering taking a subscription? Ecxept for new 'Frasier' episodes (Sha reported on them) IDK anything about their original content
    Retired.

I might consider the ad version - €4,99 most likely - especially if it includes live US sports (I want to get to know NFL) for the European market too, WHEN the app becomes available for regular tv

things are getting crowded though. I'd say at this point I have

*about 300+ channels on regular tv

*subscription package of ten more movie, shorts, nature and music channels

*a full recording device with 80 movies and shows still to watch

*Streamz+ (HBO, local content, 2020 movies etc)

*Netflix

*YouTube tv app (non paying content, to watch old movies, sci fi and horror)

*adult content streaming service

*am in the process of buying the Amazon Prime Video tv app (waiting for my credit card to arrive, I was barred from using credit cards for a few years)

how do I even have time to visit wucorp lol
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I am going to pass at this time. Too much free content to consume at this point. Lots of good stuff on Pluto TV and Tubi, even though it includes ads. Plus YouTube also has a lot of what I am looking for. Any info on what exclusive content Paramount has to offer?

I feel like they're being elusive about it which is strange since they should be going all in on promo right now

It will be rolled out down here March 31 and I'm guessing we can expect a local press campaign around that time (still very quiet now)

I'll get back to this thread then and list some exclusive content
    Retired.

Oh wait I found a list

Series

Kamp Koral: SpongeBob's Under Years"
    "60 Minutes Plus"
    "The Real World: Homecoming: New York"
    "Star Trek: Discovery"
    "Star Trek: Lower Decks"
    "Star Trek: Picard"
    "Star Trek: Short Treks"
    "No Activity"
    "Tooning Out the News"
    "The Twilight Zone"
    "The Good Fight"
    "Why Women Kill"
    "Coyote"
    "Interrogation"
    "One Dollar"
    "The Stand"
    "Strange Angel"
    "Tell Me A Story"
    "Texas 6"
    "That Animal Rescue Show"
    "The Thomas John Experience"
    "For Heaven's Sake"

Movies (March 4)

The SpongeBob Movie: Sponge on the Run"
    "76 Days"

ViacomCBS has teased a number of upcoming Paramount Plus shows without confirmed release dates.

The lineup includes live-action remakes of popular series from the past, such as kids programs like "The Fairly OddParents" and "Dora The Explorer."

Paramount Plus also plans to revisit other existing series and franchises with new "Star Trek" shows, a "Criminal Minds" revival, a prequel to "Yellowstone" called "Y:1883," a drama based on "Flashdance," a reboot of the '90s sitcom "Frasier," and more.

Video game fans can also rejoice that a "Halo" series will come to the streaming service in early 2022.

Here's a list of all the shows announced for Paramount Plus without a release date:

"Avatar: The Last Airbender"-based show
    "Y:1883"
    "American Tragedy"
    "Guilty Party"
    "Fatal Attraction"
    "The Man Who Fell To Earth"
    "Lioness"
    "iCarly"
    "Rugrats"
    "Star Trek: Prodigy"
    "Star Trek: Strange New Worlds"
    "The Harper House"
    "Halo"
    "Grease: The Rise of the Pink Ladies"
    "Frasier" (reboot)
    "Flashdance"
    "The Fairly OddParents" (live-action)
    "Dora The Explorer" (live-action)
    "Yellowstone: 6666"
    "Land Man"
    "The Italian Job"
    "Love Story"
    "Mayor of Kingstown"
    "The Offer"
    "The Parallax View"
    "The Game"
    "8 Fights – The Life of Muhammad Ali"
    "Console Wars"
    "Girls with Guns"
    "Happy Face"
    "Mercy House"
    "The Multivorce"
    "Remote"
    "RIP"
    "Star Trek: Section 31"
    "Twenty Four Seven"
    Untitled Kenya Barris series
    "You're Killing Me"
    "Unplugged"
    "Yo! MTV Raps"
    "The Weekly Show with Trevor Noah"
    "Love Island on Paramount Plus"
    "Ink Masters"
    "Queen of the Universe"
    "Road Rules"
    "Big Brother Live Feeds"
    "The Challenge: All Stars"
    "Dating Naked"
    "RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars"
    "Inside Amy Schumer Specials"
    "Stories from the Beautiful Game"
    "48 Hours Original: The Lie Detector"
    "Behind the Music"
    "Black Gold"
    "From Cradle to Stage"
    "Watergate"
    "The Real Criminal Minds"
    "Insta Docs"
    "Younger"
    "Reno 911! The Hunt for QAnon"

there's more original movies coming too
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Is yo mtv raps, classic episodes or new? Reno 911 search for Qanon. That one would be hilarous if they got all or miat past cast members back.

I was wondering the same thing about yo mtv raps. they should do both, post the whole yo mtv raps back catalog AND make a new series

as soon as yo mtv raps (back catalog) hits Paramount+ I'm subscribing, in that case I'm not even waiting for the streaming service app to get cleared for regular tv sets down here
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 03-21-2021 at 04:25 AM.
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

If they are going to do a new Yo! MTV Raps, then they need to keep it with the artists that are representing the hardcore, underground hip hop like Roc Marciano, Vinnie Paz and Griselda. These drill rappers have enough marketing and promotion already

The ABBOTT

^^Thats what I would do also. But, there is a Yo MtV channel available on Pluto Tv, and its basically shows garbage videos the majority of the time. So I wouldn't get my hopes up.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-r...aded-with-risk

Interesting article. I hope this turns out well. Cheers is probably my favorite sitcom of all time, and Frasier was a great sequel. I've been reading a lot of articles on Frasier over the last few days.

I read that David Hyde Pierce is in talks to join the cast which is good. It'll be interesting to see what they do for diversity, as the article implied, Frasier was a fish out of water character, you kind of need a contrast with a younger, modern perspective.

It is interesting to know that Grammer is a conservative in real life, although I don't think Frasier the character is actually that liberal. Intellectual of course, but he's old fashioned, snobby and socially conservative in some ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

Interesting article. I hope this turns out well. Cheers is probably my favorite sitcom of all time, and Frasier was a great sequel. I've been reading a lot of articles on Frasier over the last few days.

I read that David Hyde Pierce is in talks to join the cast which is good. It'll be interesting to see what they do for diversity, as the article implied, Frasier was a fish out of water character, you kind of need a contrast with a younger, modern perspective.

It is interesting to know that Grammer is a conservative in real life, although I don't think Frasier the character is actually that liberal. Intellectual of course, but he's old fashioned, snobby and socially conservative in some ways.
    Good read Bringing Niles back is the wise thing to do, I hope it happens.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

Good read Bringing Niles back is the wise thing to do, I hope it happens.
    Retired.