Thread: King Of The Hill May Return With Aged Characters

Default King Of The Hill May Return With Aged Characters

US sitcom King Of The Hill is in talks to return after over a decade off screens, according to one of its former writers.

Created by Mike Judge and Greg Daniels, the Fox show followed the lives of the Hills, a middle-class American family living in Texas. It ran for 13 seasons from 1997 to 2009, when it was cancelled by the network.
    Murmurings of a reboot first surfaced in 2017, and former writer on the show, Brent Forrester, has shared the news that Judge and Daniels are in “hot negotiations” to reboot the show.
    In a recent Reddit AMA, Forrester was asked: “Have you heard any updates as to the possible King of the Hill revival? Aging the cast of characters would be a stroke of genius and practically reinvent the show (in an awesome way!)”
    The writer then replied: “I am sure Greg Daniels and Mike Judge will murder me for sharing this but… HELL YES. They are in hot negotiations to bring back King of the Hill.
    “The Trump administration made it suddenly very relevant again. The characters have all aged 15 years. The project is sooooo good. Okay I’ve said too much

Back in 2017, Fox co-chairman Dana Walden revealed that the network had been in touch with Judge and Daniels about a potential revival. “We had a very preliminary conversation given what’s going on in the country, they had a point of view about how those characters would respond. But again, it was one meeting and I hope to revisit it,” she said.
    Walden added: “The meeting was probably two and a half months ago. They’re both very busy and it was really just a first exploratory, ‘Are you excited about this? Is there potential in that future?'”
    A year later, Judge admitted that he had been considering bringing the show back.

https://www.nme.com/news/tv/king-of-...evival-2903443

My favorite show. Would love for it to come back

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Going to be missing Brittany Murphy. She was one of the main cast, but I think a reboot without her would work. Luanne was never super popular

The ABBOTT

He should do an update with aged Beavis and Butthead. Imagine the possibilities.