Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to review games?

Default Where to review games?

I got a ps4 a little while back n I've been pretty dedicated in sticking with the games I play until I finish them. Often when I finish I feel like I'd like to drop a quick review somewhere. What's the best site to do this on?

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I.G.N. or Game Spot.

Wu tang Corp

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Wu tang Corp
    Agree. I don't even a thorough full length review. A few highlights and a thumbs up or down helps people consider picking up new titles.

Lolz OK I'll poast here too.

I tried the 2 sites DDD suggested, but they both seemed to make it very difficult to poast reviews. I gave up n signed up on metacritic n poasted my first review there.

This review is for Blair Witch...

I'm giving this game an 8 for my level of enjoyment and appreciation of it. Do I actually think it's worth an 8 in terms of quality and execution? Not at all. The execution and gameplay are pretty average, really. At times very frustrating.

I was a little disappointed that the game basically has nothing to do with the movie. I hadn't researched that in advance. But I thought the developers did a pretty good job of giving us a similar kind of creepiness as we had in the movie. Mostly fairly subtle and slow moving.

Slow paced horror games are totally my thing, so for me this game was right up my alley. The early stages were so so, and I wasn't particularly impressed and quite often frustrated. But as the game progressed I thought it improved considerably.

For me the whole end sequence from when you enter the house onwards, was really quite outstanding and gripping. I would actually like to return to this game again one day, solely to experience that part of the game again.

All in all as a fan of slow paced horror games I found enough to enjoy and appreciate about this game to warrant a pretty high score. I would've given it a 7.5 given the option though.

The Last of Us 2...

Flawless. Easy 10/10. Gameplay, story, graphics...even the difficulty level...perfect. The first one was for me the best game I'd ever played, and this sequel definitely does not take any steps backwards. Every bit worthy of being the follow up to the first.

Playing as both opposing protagonists was a brilliant touch, and added a very unusual element...who do you side with? Obviously Ellie, until we play as Abby and learn she is actually probably a better person than Ellie is.

My only criticism is a personal one, due simply to the fact I don't get a whole lot of time to game, and that's that it was a bit longer than I might've hoped. It was warranted. Just not ideal for me.

All in all this game and it's predecessor still rank as the most impressive games I have had the pleasure of playing. Simply stunning in every aspect.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Lolz OK I'll poast here too.

I tried the 2 sites DDD suggested, but they both seemed to make it very difficult to poast reviews. I gave up n signed up on metacritic n poasted my first review there.

This review is for Blair Witch...

I'm giving this game an 8 for my level of enjoyment and appreciation of it. Do I actually think it's worth an 8 in terms of quality and execution? Not at all. The execution and gameplay are pretty average, really. At times very frustrating.

I was a little disappointed that the game basically has nothing to do with the movie. I hadn't researched that in advance. But I thought the developers did a pretty good job of giving us a similar kind of creepiness as we had in the movie. Mostly fairly subtle and slow moving.

Slow paced horror games are totally my thing, so for me this game was right up my alley. The early stages were so so, and I wasn't particularly impressed and quite often frustrated. But as the game progressed I thought it improved considerably.

For me the whole end sequence from when you enter the house onwards, was really quite outstanding and gripping. I would actually like to return to this game again one day, solely to experience that part of the game again.

All in all as a fan of slow paced horror games I found enough to enjoy and appreciate about this game to warrant a pretty high score. I would've given it a 7.5 given the option though.
    Didn't know this game existed. Watched a trailer for it on YT. Would defiantly be something I would be in to. Had some elements of the original movie. Thanks for posting a review.

I literally thought this was a real found footage film when it came out some 20 plus years ago. Movie was honestly a pioneer to many classic thriller movies to be released in the following years.

Yeah bro I loved the movie. One of my all thyme faves. The game is related to the movie, but the story has no connection to the story from the movie.

It's definitely worth checking out tho. Some parts were very well executed. Others not so much.

Another one I recently played through...

Remothered: Tormented Fathers...7/10

I really liked the vibe and visual presentation of this game, tho some of the cutscenes, particularly the death sequences, look pretty goofy.

The gameplay is pretty good, tho the whole 'combat' aspect is a mess. Once I got spotted I usually just found it easiest to stand there n let the horribly awkward attack take place until I got grabbed and could counter attack and run. Although often at that point I'd be completely disoriented due to the stupid camera angle shifting that takes place when you counter attack.

I liked the slow pace and tension. My enormous criticism of this game is that it was way too hard for my liking. I repeatedly got extremely, unpleasantly frustrated and angry at this game. The final 15 minutes or so of the game took me something like 4 hours to get through. 4 enormously unpleasant, infuriating hours of pain.

I think this is the hardest game I've ever not abandoned. Usually I can't be arsed if I find myself having to try something over and over and wasting too much time.

I don't know why I stuck with it, but eventually I prevailed.

All in all I did enjoy and appreciate this game, but I'd never go near it again and would warn away anybody who doesn't enjoy challenging games.
    Last edited by noel411; 04-11-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Little Nightmares...9/10

I don't normally play platform games, but this game looked really cool so I gave it a go. The atmosphere in this game is awesome. Super creepy and eerie. Gameplay is smooth and I thought the challenge level was just about right. I thoroughly enjoyed playing through this game.

I have no idea what the thing you're controlling actually is, or what's really going on as you make your way through this puzzle filled adventure. Nor do I need to know. I just enjoyed the experience and the mystery of wtf it was all about.

Really awesome game and I look forward to playing the sequel.

The ABBOTT

I watched some of the gameplay of this on twitch. It looked like something i would avoid. Seemed somewhat redundant, but with your recommendation, maybe I wjll reconsider. What is your favourite aspect of little nightmares?

I would say the atmosphere. It has a pretty creepy feel to it. I also really enjoyed the mystery of it. Like not even knowing what the main character is or why any of the shit is happening, lolol. I enjoyed that.

It's cool how u have to figure out puzzles without them generally being too complicated too. I don't wanna waste hours figuring something out or constantly have to refer to walkthroughs.

I really enjoyed it thoroughly.

The ABBOTT

You were a big fan of last of us 2. I seen gameplay of Days Gone, looks like something I would be into. Have you played this title? Is it comparable to Last of us?

The ABBOTT

You were a big fan of last of us 2. I seen gameplay of Days Gone, looks like something I would be into. Have you played this title? Is it comparable to Last of us?

Yeah man I think the 2 Last of Us games r the most well made games I've ever played. Pretty well flawless. Absolutely love them.

I have Days Gone, but I haven't played it yet. From what I understand it's open world, which I'm not really a fan of, but I think u can just sort of follow the main storyline and not worry about all the additional stuff u can do, if u so choose.

I read something about it where the developers were saying they wanted to make it open world but still make it feel pretty linear, or something like that.

Yeah man I think the 2 Last of Us games r the most well made games I've ever played. Pretty well flawless. Absolutely love them.

I have Days Gone, but I haven't played it yet. From what I understand it's open world, which I'm not really a fan of, but I think u can just sort of follow the main storyline and not worry about all the additional stuff u can do, if u so choose.

I read something about it where the developers were saying they wanted to make it open world but still make it feel pretty linear, or something like that.