Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMX REPORTEDLY IN 'GRAVE CONDITION' FOLLOWING DRUG OVERDOSE Published on: Apr 3, 20

^ For sure. I think MF Doom streams spiked by like 800% or something this year.

A lot of people on twitter were talking about how DMX first smoked crack at 14. In a way it's surprising he made it this far.

Made me check out the price for Year of the Dog ... Again, the only cd of his I don't have.

$75 on Amazon.nl lol whut

I remember in 2012 peddling my cd collection to specialty music & book shops to fund my trip to NZ and owners were telling me 'don't even come back in with hiphop, there's no resell market for cds anymore, let alone hiphop'

how do people not know what DMX stands for or what the inspiration for the name was? well I guess maybe if you only know him as a singles artist
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Just like Tmz. Both glorified gossip hubs.

I do not know why people are so eager to be first to announce somebody's death. They are worse than those people that post "first" on YouTube comments.. Mad people on Twitter like Luenell and others are like, "Sorry for the wrong post, D.M.X. is not dead yet." Like, just wait for an official announcement from the family. You would think that they would learn from Claudia Jordan yesterday.

Well it's incredibly sad but he has brought this on himself unfortanetely. One of my fav rappers, Flesh of my Flesh was one of the first albums I bought.

Seems like at the moment doctors are just waiting for the families permission to take him off life support.

Yeah, that seems to be the case. I know that realistically and scientifically, it is supposed to be impossible, but I am hoping for a modern day miracle.. Although, if that did happen somehow, he would not be the same and pretty much need constant care 24/7/365.

Rest in peace. Hiphopdx is reporting X has passed away. I didn't feel like reading the article so I didn't include the link to it.

Man, he brought personality to the game. I will definitely miss him. I remember living in Germany and my London buddy Ade gifting me a dubbed tape of most tracks off 'It's dark and hell is hot'. The album had been out for a few months. I played that tape to death. Only the soft(er) tracks were missing. As soon as I moved back home I bought the album.

Love is love. Rest well X.
    Retired.

tribute thread in Hip-Hop Shop for you to post your fav songs and mixes :

https://wutangcorp.com/forum/showthr...will-be-missed
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Rest in peace. Hiphopdx is reporting X has passed away. I didn't feel like reading the article so I didn't include the link to it.

Man, he brought personality to the game. I will definitely miss him. I remember living in Germany and my London buddy Ade gifting me a dubbed tape of most tracks off 'It's dark and hell is hot'. The album had been out for a few months. I played that tape to death. Only the soft(er) tracks were missing. As soon as I moved back home I bought the album.

Love is love. Rest well X.
    I guess you were only missing How's It Going Down, because that is the closest thing there is to a soft song on that album, ha ha.
    If anything good can come out of this, it is that people are going to start dumping off their D.M.X. merchandise now, so hopefully I can finally find that old D.M.X. poster I used to have as a teenager that I have been searching on eBay for forever.
    It was a promotional poster for the Get At Me Dog single.

Well what can I say. R.I.P. Hope he is finally truly at peace.

The ABBOTT

Damn, he really had a rough upbringing which contributed to his substance abuse. Following his career you could easily recognize his struggle. I think I could say he was really was one of a kind.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Damn, he really had a rough upbringing which contributed to his substance abuse.
    I remember watching an episode of Dr Phil where he had DMX on as a guest talking about his drug issues.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ For sure. I think MF Doom streams spiked by like 800% or something this year.

A lot of people on twitter were talking about how DMX first smoked crack at 14. In a way it's surprising he made it this far.
    This song is a classic. Middle school days. Yes, the song is sad and I am impressed how DMX opened up about it. That takes courage.

He is missed. It sucks that he relapsed.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty