Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: THROWBACK : DMX ft. Doc Holiday freestyle over 'Glaciers Of Ice' RIP Earl Simmons

Default THROWBACK : DMX ft. Doc Holiday freestyle over 'Glaciers Of Ice' RIP Earl Simmons

early X feat. Doc Holiday aka Doc Hollywood

Rest in palaces.
    Retired.

bonus ... X & Ja over Triumph

Retired.

yo what year was it recorded?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

damn! when did those sessions happen?
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

don't know the year but here's a compilation w/ early X tracks, the description to the vid (below vid, not the in vid info) is very detailed - but contains no years

Retired.

is that Doc Holiday from the Black Rose Kartel aka rose family ?

PRODIGAL SUN

R.I.P X one love����

Listening to DMX's old track shows how enormous progress he did for 2-3 years. In '97 he must've recorded that track over Triumph and in 99 he already dropped multiplatinum classic

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Aside from his troubles with the law and his own personal struggles. I think his career really went downhill due to the fact that he never adapted to the times, which is the same thing that killed off Fifty Cent's career, they were one trick ponies and fans eventually got exhausted of the same old schtick

For me X was always more of a singles MC, rather than albums. I never really got in to a full X album from start to finish, but you could bet your ass there would be at least one or two absolutely bangin' singles on each album!

I've got a playlist that I bump regularly with just the best pick of X singles and a few album tracks from his career. Dope shit.

RIP X

Peace!

Quote Originally Posted by Pattch82 View Post
    For me X was always more of a singles MC, rather than albums. I never really got in to a full X album from start to finish, but you could bet your ass there would be at least one or two absolutely bangin' singles on each album!

I've got a playlist that I bump regularly with just the best pick of X singles and a few album tracks from his career. Dope shit.

RIP X

Peace!
    Worrrrrd up! X ain't never had classic from start to finish but the bangers on his albums were absolutely amazing. Always loved his Prayers tracks, too.

To me 'It's dark and hell is hot' is a classic. I can listen to his first five albums all the way through and really enjoy them. A recent thread in Hip-Hop Shop gave me a renewed appreciation of 'Flesh/Blood' and 'The great depression', thanks to some other posters' enthusiasm.

I don't think anything after 'Grand Champ' stands out much.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Aside from his troubles with the law and his own personal struggles. I think his career really went downhill due to the fact that he never adapted to the times, which is the same thing that killed off Fifty Cent's career, they were one trick ponies and fans eventually got exhausted of the same old schtick
    He dipped into some South music with features on Yung Wun and Lil Scrappy tracks in the mid 2000s but that's about it. I'm glad he didn't start using trap beats.
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

It's Dark And Hell Is Hot is definitely a classic. Hopefully, if Source magazine decides to retroactively give albums five mics again like they did back in 2002, It's Dark And Hell Is Hot is amongst that bunch. It received four mics, but I really believe it deserved five

For WuChamber posters who want to follow up on X : we will be posting all the verses and songs that get released posthumously in the DMX tribute thread in Hip-Hop Shop

https://wutangcorp.com/forum/showthr...e-missed/page4

the first such track (Swizz Beatz x French Montana x DMX) dropped today
    Retired.