Thread: Stephen King heaps high praise on new Prime horror show 'Them'

Default Stephen King heaps high praise on new Prime horror show 'Them'

https://www.cinemablend.com/televisi...v=related_list

might have to give it a watch

if only there were 30 hours in a day lel
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I watched an episode of The Stand. It was showing in the Paramount preview channel. I would recommend it based on what I saw, hopefully I can see some other episodes at some point.

The OG The Stand mini series was GOAT. I'll keep an eye out when they roll out Paramount+ here. Thanks!

I watched that also. Unfortunately all I remember is the use of the song Don't fear the Reaper and Laura San Giacomos titties. LOL. This was in my formative years.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I watched the miniseries from the 90s also. Only thing that I remember is the song don't fear the reaper and Laura San Giacomo looking good in my formative years.
    Last edited by b-dolo; 04-26-2021 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I watched the miniseries from the 90s also. Only thing that I remember is the song don't fear the reaper and Laura San Giacomo looking good in my formative years.
    Those are exactly my highlights too.

My early teen brain was fascinated with the scene where the devil girl says to that one dude who got sucked into her evil ways 'we can't do that (full on penuhtration) BUT THERE'S OTHER THINGS WE CAN DO.'
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

I can recall watching the Salem Lots mini series in my youth also. It also left quite the impression, I am going to have to see if it is available online anywhere. If you know where it can be seen, please share.

The Shining miniseries is brutal though. I know King didn't like Kubrick's vision. I disagree, he took an average premise and made it legendary.

There's a Shining mini series? Is it like an extended cut of the movie?

that movie is a 10 for me

I never did see the Salem Lot miniseries, I should check into it. So far I haven't come across it on any streaming platforms

Maybe Shudder has it? I can't check because Shudder is unavailable in Europe. We have competitor Horrify.nl (available in the Benelux countries), which you might be able to browse through VPN. I don't have a Horrify subscription. Horrify has a 14 day free trial period
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

The shining miniseries was released in 1997 on ABC. There are some reviews and clips on Youtube. It is awful, you were warned.

really? cause i thought it completely sucked ass. A blatant US knock off.