Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Wealth Influences Health [VIDEO]

Discussing.... (YOU WONT BELIEVE TSA'S COMMENT)
    Last edited by TSA; 04-20-2021 at 09:58 AM.

I was watching something not too long ago on status and testosterones. I think a lot of ppl are having TEE and STRESS issues from the fact that they're subordinates at work and in life based on it so the baboon part was kinda interesting, the rest was a given.

^ Can we fix this system?

Is it just the nature of apes to divide our societies by class & status? Or can we change course if we try?

Part of the problem is that most people think of money as having inherent worth, and don't even question our economic system or their desire for money. Objectively, it has no worth and is basically the whole reason for inequality.

I don't see the world ever being fair until we come up with a new system.

Banned

Existence isn’t concerned with fair. Long before money there were “inequalities” stemming from natural environments, and genes.
    You already know all of this. You live inside of your own heart. Try sharing it with a nice woman, settling down, and adding an extra income to take off some of the burden you face from monetary issues.

Too many single, unhappy, unmotivated 30 something out there searching for some existential meaning that they’ll never find.

It’s all right there in here soft skin, luscious breast and velvetly tight pussy.

The least miserable people are the ones that have someone that loves them that they in turn love back.

Forget about some KTL debate about economic systems. You won’t be fulfilled by economics debates.

I think our mentality towards a lot of stuff can be fix but 'inequality' will never been fixed, and if your system functions, it shouldn't be an issue. There has to be multiple avenues for a person to derive 'self pride' or 'status' outside of money and popularity.

I've studied my own culture well and I can see why a lot of societies place emphasis on things like respect based on age, ceremonies, initiations, etc. There has to be a set of things that give status that aren't necessarily merited by a given like becoming an elder etc. Then there has to be things that give status which are merited but removed from earning capacity. Finally of course status by earning capacity which is always a given. All of these things give everyone something to look forward to. Aging in the US is a drift towards uselessness and being obsolete.

I've heard that Germans are really into social clubs that gather for specific random things. Then there's sports etc. Even (well especially) Video games give that sense of merit and workable rank. Climbing the financial ladder isn't for everyone and that's fine. The need for pats on the back and stickers is as hardwired in humans as eating and I think older societies did a reasonably good job of acknowledging that. We're getting there but that's the only 'solvable' part imo. Some being better off than someone else is normal but if it's removed from being life or death and there are other avenues of merit and status (even if it's some given ass bs), I think it will do a lot for ppl depression, drug addictions, suicide and bodily health.

Banned

Social clubs are very important and they all but died out.

I grew up in an Italian-American one that still exists to this day. We still have meetings, hold events. It was started by my great grandfathers generation, the immigrant generation.

It’s people descended from the same town in Italy so there are family connections as well amongst members.

It’s been a positive influence in my life. Going from being a kidand my dad taking me down there, meeting the old timers who would play pinochle. Parking Cars at the feast, Palm Sunday brunches, Christmas parties, bocce leagues, golf outing.

It’s never about money or status. It’s about THE CLUB and honoring our culture and past.

It’s important. People need it now more than ever.
    Last edited by Dooch; 04-21-2021 at 08:10 PM.

We have the same thing, it's pretty cool. re “inequalities” stemming from natural environments, and genes.
    You already know all of this. You live inside of your own heart. Try sharing it with a nice woman, settling down, and adding an extra income to take off some of the burden you face from monetary issues.

Too many single, unhappy, unmotivated 30 something out there searching for some existential meaning that they’ll never find.

It’s all right there in here soft skin, luscious breast and velvetly tight pussy.

The least miserable people are the ones that have someone that loves them that they in turn love back.

Forget about some KTL debate about economic systems. You won’t be fulfilled by economics debates.[/QUOTE]

I agree with this e-talian. Doesn't help that a bunch of people decided they were going to 'customize' existence at the age of 15 and are too stubborn to let go of whatever stupid identity about life they reached during puberty. All of these things have been figured out by people before us and we don't know shit
    Last edited by TSA; 04-22-2021 at 12:11 PM.

Banned

I don’t understand the generational divide either. I think it’s important to regularly converse with the “elders”.

I play golf almost every weekend with guys my dads age, his second or third cousins I believe, one is 70 the other 61. They belong to The Club. Every round I hear stories of my old man I would have otherwise never known. Stories of my grandfather or great grandfather even. I’ve kind of filled a hole for them with his passing and they’ve filled one for me.

But there is definitely something about The Club that has kept us connected. It creates an extended network and community of people you may otherwise would not have known.

I see a lot of people out there that don’t have something like that. Maybe they’ve replaced it with something else. I don’t know. Younger people seem less guided than before, more antagonistic toward “elders” into adulthood. It’s normal during teenage years and college aged years but By 30 you shouldn’t be fighting with elders, you should be learning from them and understanding them. And in turn wondering what these young people are thinking with skinny jeans and pastel shoes. Just like my elders wondered why the fuck we wore out pants so baggy and shorts so long.

Hey I don’t know. I’m just talkin’.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch
    I don’t understand the generational divide either. I think it’s important to regularly converse with the “elders”.
    True. I have picked up so much from fam, they always have my back. Talking grandparents (all deceased now), parents, uncles. We're a small family but we are tight knit. I make sure to spend a lot of time with my parents as they are growing older now.

In my twenties I was unwilling to pick up anything from the older generation(s). I was wrong for that because they were right 90% of the time.
    Retired.

I’m wealthy and I smoked a hell of a lot of dope but now I’m on probation

Some cool points raised in this thread, and nothing that I really disagree with, but also a personal sense of belonging and community has nothing to do with the video.

The problem is we're past culture. All cultures are political and inherently unfair. How do we fix that? This is a huge question. You can't have a stratified society unless everyone agrees to a particular social level. This will become a horrible system as jobs increasingly become automated.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Existence isn’t concerned with fair. Long before money there were “inequalities” stemming from natural environments, and genes
    Yeah that's the whole point. We have invented a society partly informed by nature but with massive unfairness and also massive adaptability.

I also disagree that the older generation in general have a lot to teach about human nature, I mean not more than someone around your own age. I think your 30s are prime years, if you haven't figured it out by then, most people are basically dug into their views.

there's no such a thing as past culture. Thinking you're past culture is a culture. It's just a way of life. The difference is now we think everyone before us was stupid and doing things out of ignorance. We usually decide this when you're like, 14, and hold on to the idiotic idea for dear life. Millennials in particular. Then we start this idea where we think we're making 'rational decisions' based on 'modernity', but we're literally just parroting various people publicity stunts and product launch campaigns as identities and ideals etc. But even that's culture. It's not really a culture i'm into but I've been susceptible to it as a teenager that thought he was deep af because I was stupid and when you're stupid mediocre thoughts sound like out of body experiences.

But I'm less stupid now and it's pretty obvious that there's a reason my grandfather didn't argue with women on the internet about various publicity stunts and twitter engagement campaigns, and doing that isn't the by-product of being 'progressive' or 'open minded' it's just hyper-stupidity. And the only reason the argument is even feasible is because you're a bitch ass nigga (not you specifically), because nobody is arguing with scott steiner, the booty daddy, about preteen dick surgery. That's just my take though, there are stupid things about old cultures too but even they make sense/work in the end.

Last edited by TSA; 04-25-2021 at 07:50 PM.

'So what do you think about the NSA?'

The only answer: