Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How Wealth Influences Health [VIDEO]

First world countries : basic income for all citizens (enough for food, drink, place to stay, basic uilities (water, electricity, heating, internet) and public transport. Want more? Get a job

Also first world : more $ for third world countries and on site job initiatives in 3rd world countrie

Is it feasible? Yes, it's called getting taxes right. 99% of countries need to change taxes.

I'd pay more taxes for this.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    First world countries : basic income for all citizens (enough for food, drink, place to stay, basic uilities (water, electricity, heating, internet) and public transport. Want more? Get a job

Also first world : more $ for third world countries and on site job initiatives in 3rd world countrie

Is it feasible? Yes, it's called getting taxes right. 99% of countries need to change taxes.

I'd pay more taxes for this.
    Getting taxes right. Is the main issue here. Universal basic income is not going to happen, it would raise taxes on the corporations and the ultra rich. The tax burden falls on the middle/working class. Trickle down economics helps only the upper and lower class unfortunately.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    'So what do you think about the NSA?'

The only answer:
    I only care about two things. My Freaks and My Peaks. Guy is a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Getting taxes right. Is the main issue here. Universal basic income is not going to happen, it would raise taxes on the corporations and the ultra rich. The tax burden falls on the middle/working class. Trickle down economics helps only the upper and lower class unfortunately.
    True but governments need to stop being fuckbois and raise corporate taxes and certain taxes on stocks and shares movements.

Lol I might be sounding commie right now but trust I'm a moderate social democrat
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    True but governments need to stop being fuckbois and raise corporate taxes and certain taxes on stocks and shares movements.

Lol I might be sounding commie right now but trust I'm a moderate social democrat
    That is an ideal solution. Problem is the main donor's to politicians are upper class and corporations. So only way for this to be feasible is to get rid of money in politics. Seeing that most of these lawmakers are getting rich while in office it seems unlikely they will forgo their own fortunes for the benefit of average citizens.

there's no such a thing as past culture. Thinking you're past culture is a culture. It's just a way of life. The difference is now we think everyone before us was stupid and doing things out of ignorance. We usually decide this when you're like, 14, and hold on to the idiotic idea for dear life. Millennials in particular. Then we start this idea where we think we're making 'rational decisions' based on 'modernity', but we're literally just parroting various people publicity stunts and product launch campaigns as identities and ideals etc. But even that's culture. It's not really a culture i'm into but I've been susceptible to it as a teenager that thought he was deep af because I was stupid and when you're stupid mediocre thoughts sound like out of body experiences.

But I'm less stupid now and it's pretty obvious that there's a reason my grandfather didn't argue with women on the internet about various publicity stunts and twitter engagement campaigns, and doing that isn't the by-product of being 'progressive' or 'open minded' it's just hyper-stupidity. And the only reason the argument is even feasible is because you're a bitch ass nigga (not you specifically), because nobody is arguing with scott steiner, the booty daddy, about preteen dick surgery. That's just my take though, there are stupid things about old cultures too but even they make sense/work in the end.

I don't know about all that. What I meant was, culture isn't really an important factor in this discussion because all human cultures are unfair. The economic system that fucks people over is universal.

Banned

The economic system has to be unfair. You can’t have everyone doing the same thing. Some jobs take more skilled people. Others don’t.
    Etc.

You have to let go of this notion that people are inherently equal. We’re not. We’re all different.

“Economic systems” is just a basic reflection of that.

I’m not surprised anymore that a lot of people want conformity. Not just conformity for the sake of avoiding random chaos, but like, supreme conformity where everything is exactly the same to the point it’s actually repressive.

And I think most people don’t even want this it’s just what’s pumped into our heads by the people who want it the most because it benefits them.

Maybe that’s not what your talking about. I don’t know.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    The economic system has to be unfair. You can’t have everyone doing the same thing. Some jobs take more skilled people. Others don’t.
    Etc.

You have to let go of this notion that people are inherently equal. We’re not. We’re all different.

“Economic systems” is just a basic reflection of that.

I’m not surprised anymore that a lot of people want conformity. Not just conformity for the sake of avoiding random chaos, but like, supreme conformity where everything is exactly the same to the point it’s actually repressive.

And I think most people don’t even want this it’s just what’s pumped into our heads by the people who want it the most because it benefits them.

Maybe that’s not what your talking about. I don’t know.
    Yeah, I don't know what that means either.

The economic system allows those at the top to stack the deck against people at the bottom. If you're born rich, you're highly likely to die rich. If you're born poor you're highly likely to die poor. It's very obvious that people at the bottom do not have the same opportunities as those at the top. That has nothing to do with people being different, or not as skilled, they don't have the opportunity to even suck at the same things.

The fact that some people make it from the bottom is not proof that anyone can make it, its proof that highly intelligent, conscientious people can make it from the bottom. You can be a mediocre millionaire easily if your parents did well. The whole system depends on fucking over the majority.

Automation and increasing job losses are going to make people extremely angry at this in the near future. We need a better system.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Yeah, I don't know what that means either.

The economic system allows those at the top to stack the deck against people at the bottom. If you're born rich, you're highly likely to die rich. If you're born poor you're highly likely to die poor. It's very obvious that people at the bottom do not have the same opportunities as those at the top. That has nothing to do with people being different, or not as skilled, they don't have the opportunity to even suck at the same things.

The fact that some people make it from the bottom is not proof that anyone can make it, its proof that highly intelligent, conscientious people can make it from the bottom. You can be a mediocre millionaire easily if your parents did well. The whole system depends on fucking over the majority.

Automation and increasing job losses are going to make people extremely angry at this in the near future. We need a better system.

Good luck with your journey.

I’m enjoying middle class American life. Working class, whatever you want to call it. I went out and got mine, the only thing I inherited was the knowledge of the “elders”.

I feel like if I can make it anyone can. It’s a journey. And it’s fulfilling. It’s important to have a strong family unit though. I was blessed with that, nuclear and extended.

I think that’s the major disadvantage for Americans. I think that’s why so many immigrants succeed here. Many build strong families and communities out of necessity or just because it’s their culture.

I don’t know your situation or what you do for a living or how you live or where you live but I think you’d be more fulfilled if you stopped worrying about a “new system”.

Family is important, but it's more important to become buff and have good clothes

Banned

Family is important, but it's more important to become buff and have good clothes
    Personal fitness and hygiene are very important and interconnected with a healthy family.

Very astute observation, D.

This thread started at 4:02 pm and 4=d 0=o 2=b =dob=date of birth and that’s how wealth influences heath

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    Good luck with your journey.

I’m enjoying middle class American life. Working class, whatever you want to call it. I went out and got mine, the only thing I inherited was the knowledge of the “elders”.

I feel like if I can make it anyone can. It’s a journey. And it’s fulfilling. It’s important to have a strong family unit though. I was blessed with that, nuclear and extended.

I think that’s the major disadvantage for Americans. I think that’s why so many immigrants succeed here. Many build strong families and communities out of necessity or just because it’s their culture.

I don’t know your situation or what you do for a living or how you live or where you live but I think you’d be more fulfilled if you stopped worrying about a “new system”.
    I'm not talking about you specifically, but why expect that everybody else is born into the same circumstances as you. You weren't born into dire poverty so why think you're what I'm talking about?

You get to a certain age and have a family and you have to think about others. You need money for your offspring to survive.

Still the monetary system is CROOKED AS FUCK. It's ridiculous to not push against it or not try to make the world better in some way, especially if you have kids, unless you want to proactively punish them for not growing up in the same era as you.