Thread: *NEW* CANNiBAL OX - METAL GEAR / RASPBERRY JELLY (MAXI SINGLE) (2021)

Exclamation *NEW* CANNiBAL OX - METAL GEAR / RASPBERRY JELLY (MAXI SINGLE) (2021)

A new Cannibal Ox maxi single is dropping May 15th 2021, for the 20th anniversary of "The Cold Vein." An album, "Ox Caliber", is set to follow later this year.

The maxi single can be pre-ordered here: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/ca...-maxi-single-2

Thanks for posting. Can't wait for this. Actually one of the greatest rap groups ever.

Was listening to the song Gotham this week, what a banger.

Listened to the starts of both jams. Both sounded well good. Doesn't sound like el-p tho. He's no longer involved?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Thanks for posting. Can't wait for this. Actually one of the greatest rap groups ever.

Was listening to the song Gotham this week, what a banger.
    Anytime, my g! Doing what I can to spread the word. I'm also ecstatic for the album. Looking forward to hearing my kin Vordul work his magic on this especially. Some of his material was actually recorded at my crib. Cannibal Ox is my all time favorite Hip Hop group, and Vordul my all time favorite MC/lyricist in general. Gotham is a classic. Bill Cosmiq captured the immersive, atmospheric style of Cannibal Ox, and added a touch of utopia on that joint.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Listened to the starts of both jams. Both sounded well good. Doesn't sound like el-p tho. He's no longer involved?
    Word. El-P hasn't worked with Cannibal Ox as a unit since 2005, when Cannibal Ox & El-P were originally working on a Cold Vein follow-up that also featured production from RZA and Pete Rock. The latest collaboration was between Vordul and El-P, called "Keep Living" off Vordul's 2008 release Megagraphitti. Bill Cosmiq has been holding down the production end of Cannibal Ox since 2013, and produced their 2015 sophomore album "Blade of the Ronin."
    Last edited by Dark Matter; 05-15-2021 at 11:10 AM.

They sound like solid tracks. The beats didn't make a big impression, I need some time to digest the lyrics.

I feel like I could make some beats for Can Ox actually.

It would be fantastic to hear an Ox & El-P reunion, he's kind of synonymous with the group and a genius producer. I saw that Vast was trying to reach out to El on twitter but I don't know if El even saw that.

Blade of the Ronin was a dope follow up and very good in its own right. It got some shine on here but I had expected more buzz around it on other places too
    Retired.