Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lizzo accused of sexual harassment and weight-shaming by former dancers

Default Lizzo accused of sexual harassment and weight-shaming by former dancers

lol

Three of Lizzo’s tour dancers have accused the singer of sexual harassment, and of creating a hostile work environment through sexual, racial and religious harassment in several incidents between 2021 and 2023, according to a lawsuit filed on Tuesday.
    The dancers also alleged that Lizzo, known as an advocate for body positivity and self-love, criticized a dancer’s recent weight gain and later berated, then fired, that dancer for recording a meeting.

According to the lawsuit, filed in Los Angeles and first reported by NBC News, Lizzo allegedly pressured one dancer to touch a nude performer at a club in Amsterdam and subjected several dancers to an “excruciating” 12-hour audition after making false accusations that they drank while working.
    Additionally, the suit alleges that Lizzo’s dance captain, Shirlene Quigley, pushed her Christian beliefs upon other performers and denigrated those who had premarital sex, while also simulating oral sex, sharing lewd sexual fantasies and discussing one performer’s virginity.
    The lawsuit does not say whether Lizzo knew about Quigley’s alleged behavior, but the plaintiffs – dancers Arianna Davis, Crystal Williams and Noelle Rodriguez – believe she was aware of complaints leveled against Quigley, their lawyer, Ron Zambrano, told NBC News.
    The suit names Lizzo, legal name Melissa Viviane Jefferson, her production company, Big Grrrl Big Touring, Inc and Quigley as defendants. Claims include sexual harassment, creation of a hostile work environment, false imprisonment and interference with prospective economic advantage. Not every claim was brought against each defendant.
    “The stunning nature of how Lizzo and her management team treated their performers seems to go against everything Lizzo stands for publicly, while privately she weight-shames her dancers and demeans them in ways that are not only illegal but absolutely demoralizing,” Zambrano said in a statement.
    Representatives for Lizzo could not be immediately reached for comment.
    The suit details an incident at an Amsterdam club earlier this year in which the singer allegedly “began inviting cast members to take turns touching the nude performers, catching dildos launched from the performers’ vaginas, and eating bananas protruding from the performers’ vaginas”, the suit says. Lizzo allegedly pressured Davis to touch the nude breasts of one performer, and began goading her on when she refused.
    When Davis eventually acquiesced, the group burst into laughter, the suit claims. Lizzo then allegedly pressured a member of her security staff to get on stage and yelled “Take it off!”
    “Plaintiffs were aghast with how little regard Lizzo showed for the bodily autonomy of her employees and those around her, especially in the presence of many people whom she employed,” the suit says.
    Both Davis and Williams began performing with Lizzo after they participated on Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, the dance competition show the singer hosts for Amazon, in 2021. Williams alleges that in April, she spoke up in a meeting where Lizzo accused dancers of drinking before performances, leading to a tense back and forth between them.
    The day prior, Lizzo told the dancers they would have to audition again, according to the suit, leading to an “excruciating” 12-hour rehearsal in which Davis soiled her pants because she was too fearful of losing her job to use the bathroom.
    Williams was fired five days later in a decision Lizzo’s team attributed to budget cuts.
    Davis alleges that in April 2023, Lizzo questioned her “commitment”, which she felt was a thinly veiled criticism of her weight. She claims she was fired on the spot the following month when the singer learned she recorded performance notes, a decision Davis attributes to an eye condition that left her disoriented in stressful situations.
    The third plaintiff, Rodriguez, says she quit in response to the treatment by her teammates and Quigley’s intense religious proselytizing. Rodriguez claims Quigley repeatedly pushed her Christianity on dancers, and that concerns brought to management were not addressed.
    When Rodriguez brought up the firings of Williams and Davis, she claims she was dismissed as “we’ve never had problems with you”. The suit claims that Rodriguez, as “one of the few members of the dance cast who is not black, was not painted with the same generalized and unfounded criticisms as the black members of the dance cast”.
    The suit does not specify a dollar amount for damages covering emotional distress, lost wages and attorneys’ fees.
    Lizzo, meanwhile, has spent the majority of 2023 on tour, with legs in North America, Europe, Oceania and Asia. She wrapped the Australian section of her tour, which the Guardian described as full of “spectacular, celebratory joy”, last month.
    Retired.

Never really payed attention to this person. I'm sure she will pay them off.

People thinking they're superior because they're into religion is sickening, not to mention its a crock of shit.

I didn't like how she was all high and mighty

chickens coming home to roost. looks like she ate them all too
    Retired.

I don't know and wish to not know who this person is.

{>____<}

The media and this lawsuit wl be her undoing. This is what happens when you push people to the edge.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

No Father to my stench

typical "biden" voter libtardism....everything they claim to be against, they do the most.

On the upside, she does eat fruit.

Money and power goes straight to your head. I’d be doing a lot worse shit than this. It’s hard to be righteous when you’re rich

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Money and power goes straight to your head. I’d be doing a lot worse shit than this. It’s hard to be righteous when you’re rich
    Isn't this show business? Attitudes, sexual predators, violence, etc. Especially for dancers because they're considered disposable. This sucks but that's the business from what I've heard.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    Isn't this show business? Attitudes, sexual predators, violence, etc. Especially for dancers because they're considered disposable. This sucks but that's the business from what I've heard.
    It’s all across the board. Tarantino said he was “bitter and angry” about not getting pussy in his teens or 20s, so he decided to “make up for lost time” and get all the pussy he was “owed” in his 30s when he made it big. Took advantage of a bunch of his young female fans and turned into an asshole.

Writers who get book deals for writing trash teen books do the same, fucking their young female fans. Money and power goes to your head. The temptation is too much, especially for incel men. I’m not going to front, I wouldn’t do any better than them

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

At least Quentin Tarantino did not end up like Elliott Rodger.. That niggah murdered six people and splattered his blood, brain tissue and skull fragments all over the supple leather interior upholstery of his B.M.W. all because he lived twenty two years of life without pussy and Quentin Tarantino made it into his thirties and did not push his own shit back. That is what happens when you put pussy on a pedestal. Like Grave Yard Shifter once said on here, "The sooner you realize that a woman breathes, eats, shits, sleeps just like you do, except the only difference is, she does it with a hole between her, the better off you are and enjoying life..."

Banned

And people on this website tried to discredit me because I said pussy wasn't a top priority in life and men would live happier lives not basing their existence around it, QT is a fuckin loser for being bitter about not getting laid when he should be bitter that he needed to blatantly steal City on Fire to make his first movie
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.