Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Why Bronze should produce the next Clan album

The ABBOTT

Another one is little ghetto boys. Lyrics are dope. But RZA was being lazy copying Dre. Song needs a different title and hook.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I think the synthesizer on Red Bull probably throws people off because they are not used to Rza using those too often but I thought it was a nice touch on the track. The beat for Little Ghetto Boys was on point, but I agree they could have switched up the hook, but other than that, dope song.
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 08-07-2021 at 07:57 AM.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Being critical of any element on Little Ghetto Boys is just blasphemy to me.

The ABBOTT

The songs hook is the exact same as Dr. Dre/ snoop-little ghetto boys, from the classic, The Chronic album released 4 years prior. He should of skipped on that sample.

Just personal opinion.

You ought to be stoned. Blasphemy!

What do you think about Red Bull, Cilvaringz?

Meh, didn't hit me that much. Deck was killer though, his energy was nice. I also know that Rae had RZA cut off Shaolin Finger Jab to get into Redbull which is a side story that left a sour taste for me.

Fair enough. Looking back, the W is much better than the initial reception it received. Gravel Pit still sucks though

Shaolin Master

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    I think the synthesizer on Red Bull probably throws people off because they are not used to Rza using those too often but I thought it was a nice touch on the track. The beat for Little Ghetto Boys was on point, but I agree they could have switched up the hook, but other than that, dope song.
    The synth is the weakest element but it's mainly because it's mixed so oddly w/ RZA doing his most active instrumentation on the low end w/he bass and drumwork but you can barely hear it in the track as is. The synth strings should be pushed to the background to give the more lively elements of the track the spotlight. It's like the inverse of the mix of Careful. I still ultimately dig the beat to Redbull though.

Yeah, Careful(Click, Click) is a dope beat.
    I like the tambourine, you do not hear that too often in hip hop. Fifty Cent's Gunz Come Out has a dope tambourine also. Doctor Dre' killed that beat

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Being critical of any element on Little Ghetto Boys is just blasphemy to me.
    Agree 100%. First time I heard the Forever sample tape that was the one track I was looking forward to hearing most in it’s entirety.

Wu sounds best on dark production. If they want to get away from the traditional Wu sound but still keep it dark, V Don would be dope.

Prince Paul production would be good for any Wu member ATM, he’s got the history and he’s a good producer. I’m actually surprised more Wu members/affiliates haven’t used him?

Does he still produce? Been ages since I heard a new PP beat
    Retired.