Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Why Bronze should produce the next Clan album

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Default Why Bronze should produce the next Clan album

What else we got? Post tracks by Bronze that features generals if you agree..

Peace

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdEyeVizion View Post

What else we got? Post tracks by Bronze that features generals if you agree..

Peace
    It would be a boring album. 2 beat minimum. Wu needs hot producers that's it, I don't care who they are at this point as long as the beat is good. We heard Method Man on "Lemon" killing shit, we heard that Ghost track Produced by Alchemist during his versuz with raekwon. All these guys need is hot beats and they can do the rest. Rza ain't got it no more, most of the Wu elements don't got it no more.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

I basically agree with Hollow. I don't want to hear another rehash of the Wu sound at this point. Branching out away from classical Wu production would be far more interesting and it would probably be energizing for the Clan to do something different.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I basically agree with Hollow. I don't want to hear another rehash of the Wu sound at this point. Branching out away from classical Wu production would be far more interesting and it would probably be energizing for the Clan to do something different.
    But I think they've branched out from the classic Wu formula and it hasn't worked (likely bc they are not working with the right beat makers, though).

I think Bronze is consistent. He can do the chill/soul sampled beats or the grimey looped beats. But...I think it could get boring as well.

If they were to do a classic sounding wu album I think their only hope at this point would be Muggs, or a YT producer.

Otherwise, some other producer that just makes hard beats

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Last time they branched away from the Wu Tang sound, we got Eight Diagrams and A Better Tomorrow..

Veteran Member

Dup post

PRODIGAL SUN

Rza just needs to stop releasing all the shit they record. Imo wu been forcing songs for years now instead of recording lityle by little and pickinf the best shit. Ugod said it himself that they go in the studio and just release whatever they put together in a rushed session.

but i guess when you pay a buncha artists to recreate samples, you gotta end up using the samples/beats/songs that come from it.

i wajt another rza album in the same mold as 8d, just let shit sit and breathe a little with the forcing of songs and overproduction.

its crazy cuz rza been giving artists outside wutang serious heat but i cant even defend ABT... even if my main issue with it is the bad hooks and rhyming itself

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Definitely gotta be me on production. Bronze is good, but Cilvaringz is for the children.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 06-09-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Last time they branched away from the Wu Tang sound, we got Eight Diagrams and A Better Tomorrow..
    I disagree on 8 Diagrams, its dope and actually builds on the Wu sound, just with some experimentation to keep things interesting. I'd go for another record like that in a second.

Its been said many times but The Alchemist would do a good job, Griselda etc but even more interesting would be something straight out of leftfield.

Peace CT

A few quick thoughts. At this point are we ever getting another Clan album? RZA needs to just use vault beats if he wants to still be considered a good beat maker. And 8D was dope. Always liked it minus a few flaws such as the Heart Gently Weeps being way off the grid beat wise. Ghost and Rae ruined that album and Clan kinda hasn’t been the same since. Peace

I agree honestly, at least 3-5 tracks.

If 4th is bringing boring shit like Necklace, no thank you. More Killarmy type of beats please - Miracle is a hated track due to the hooks but 4th’s job on that beat is a work of art imo.

RZA if it sounds like Tanasia or Twisted Fantasy type of beats would be incredible - just go back to basics.

Bronze beats are cool but they are boring when there are too many. Definietely not the whole album. I didn't know there are people here who still claim that 8 Diagrams was bad album lol. It has more Wu-Tang-ish sound that Iron Flag

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Get Cilvaringz to do the beats. He has GodBody beats in the stash.
    Retired.

I agree with a lot that’s being said in this thread. Rza and Wu elements production or nothing IMO.