Thread: Teaser trailer for the new Masters of the Universe animated show on Netflix

Default Teaser trailer for the new Masters of the Universe animated show on Netflix

looks good!

I grew up on cornflakes, MilkyWay and French dubbed MOTU (He-Man = Musclor) on the telly - can it be that it was all so simple?
    Retired.

dope

The ABBOTT

This was a part of my childhood also. Good to see it is getting a reboot that looks promising.

The ABBOTT

Spotted some new action figures. If this is a hit, I'm sure all of the old figures/sets will redone and be up for sale.

new trailer isn

looks freakin awesome
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

The voice cast looks promising, some good talent involved.

Btw Netflix has both a documentary on MOTU (all lines) - just search for 'Masters of the universe', I can't remember the name - that was really interesting and in depth. And there's also an episode on MOTU in the Netflix series 'The toys that made us'. I still gotta watch that episode though, can't comment yet.
    Retired.

The documentary mentioned in my previous post is called 'The power of Grayskull'.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Has anybody seen this? I don't have Netflix, but would subscribe for a month if this was legit.

Ironically, I unsubscribed to Netflix while this was still on my to watch list. I had kind of forgotten I still wanted to watch it.

I know HANZO has seen some of it, maybe he can comment.
    Retired.

I'm back on Netflix as of today with a cheapskate subscription. K remember HANZO trashing the show on Wu-Pork and I think I see what he meant. I just watched the pilot and it'sgot some woke overtones that kinda stick out like a sore thumb to a person my age.

I'll proceed with caution as I enter the symphony that is episode 2. Yes, that was me making my exit with a corny line.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

^it's funny how they keep recycling all these 80s and 90s animated series endlessly. It never ends up living up to the previous standard.

Season 2 is better than season 1 but the whole show is more about Teela than Adam/He-Man.

Skeletor (good voice acting!) gets more screen time in S2 and the last ep sets up S3 at the very end. So more to come I guess.

lol at making a character who is in only 1 comic and who didn't even have a figurine one of the central characters in the show just to hit us with da wokeness

Netflix also has 2 specials on deck with Kevin Smith and some voice actors, those are pretty good. They got high profile actors for the show (I couldn't tell just based on the voices so the specials revealed some surprises to me)
    Retired.