Thread: life after death......isnt a classic....slap away

Default life after death......isnt a classic....slap away

other than 3 or 4 songs the rest of it is easily skippable

Wu-Tang Forever, All Eyez On Me & Life After Death : excellent double disc albums

Very good : Art Of War, Blueprint 2 : The Gift & The Curse, Streets Disciple, The psychic World of Walter Reed

Okay : My Homies, MP Da Lost Don
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

^ I would add Eightball-Lost and Dipset-Diplomatic Immunity to very good list. Nelly Sweat/Suit gets added to the way below average list.

You are most definitely right. I hadn't thought of those albums.

Master P's Good Side Bad Side is decent too, with good use of (at the time) an updated crunk production sound
    Retired.

Speakerboxxx/Love Below : very good
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

2 Pac- Ru Still down and Krayzie Bone-Thug Mentality are very good. Are there double albums outside of rap music that exist?

2Pac's got two more posthumous double disc albums that contain good material.

E40's got one called Element of Surprise, Kurupt's got Kuruption, Yukmouth's got Thugged Out : The Albulation. Cypress Hill's got Skull & Bones.

Then there's also some Death Row helmed spundtracks and label compilations but these are not single artist releases.

Those are the only ones I can think of right now but thete's bound to be a few more.

When you look at ALL the titles mentioned in this thread there's hardly a really wack album in sight. Kuruption maybe?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-15-2021 at 02:16 AM.
    Retired.

Oh sorry I misread your post. You were talking outside out of rap. I know some artists get full bonus discs on re-release, often already a year after the original release, to capitalize on a new single or due to other circumstances such as death. Amy Winehouse's first two albums got the double disc treatment this way.

Smashing Pumpkins had a double disc album that was very good.

I think it's more of a thing in rap.
    Retired.

Back to rap, I forgot about UGK's 'Underground Kingz', another fine double album.
    Retired.