Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: <<China WATCH>>

^^Welcome back, God

Australia is stupid for signing that agreement. We have business interests with China that are getting ruined because people think it’s still the 50’s and white colonialism is still the social norm?

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    We're gonna see more stuff like this going forward. Much more.

Zooruka, its not that simple.

If you do business with China you're basically cosigning human rights violations, no freedom of speech, genocide, and further expansion of China's influence in the surrounding area, which in the long term won't benefit Australia.

{>____<}

If you do business with China you're basically cosigning human rights violations, no freedom of speech, genocide, and further expansion of China's influence in the surrounding area, which in the long term won't benefit Australia.
    African countries did this. It'll soon be territories of China. Ghana, Nigeria, and some other countries aren't doing that.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Not related to what any of you said above but I always have a hard time keeping a straight face when people go on and on to me about how China is only interested in internal affairs and that the west need not worry. China is buying countries wholesale.

And even if 'internal affairs' is true, i n less than 30 (20?) years these fuckers are gonna take back Taiwan ... that's internal affairs to them. Tension will be through the roof in the region.

lol at the American general phoning his Chinese counterpart on the low *whispers* "we're not gonna attack"

We need to feed our seeds. Australia is an ally of America but in this instance our interests don’t fully align. We are not condoning China’s behaviour but we need to protect our country and economy.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    We need to feed our seeds. Australia is an ally of America but in this instance our interests don’t fully align. We are not condoning China’s behaviour but we need to protect our country and economy.
    I think before a certain point is reached where China because a fully fledged military super power, neighboring countries have to do something to be a counter measure. The Chinese yes aren't like the US in terms of bombing other countries. However they have a ton of border disputes with nearly all their neighbors as well. It's only a matter of time when China starts asserting it's will be force. It's what the US done so they know better than anyone to curtail China now.

However while doing all this the US is screwing over it's allies and it's clear that Biden is just as untrustworthy as Trump was, maybe even more.

I think the China will benefit the US by providing a 'boogey man' that islam and communism can be anymore. The existence of a globally agreed boogeyman allows the US to do its primary foreign policy objective of being more deeply entrenched in the various regions of the world, especially at points vital to it's own trade. People in countries like Vietnam are genuinely of the belief that China will take over their country or attempt to very soon. Non-Chinese Asia has never been this open to a strong US presence in history, all due to the boarder disputes you stated and the region knowing how much of a bastard a strong China is historically.

But as far as 'stopping' or 'slowing down' or even containing China, the Chinese are playing a game that I don't believe the US is equip to understand because a lot of how we understand the world is based on an outdated WWII model that won't go away. At the same time, China can't fight and will probably never be good at fighting. It will have all the instruments to fight well possible and will make a habit of letting everyone know 'what they can do' but China can't fight. I was watching this thing where they were talking about China's military history and why they haven't won or concluded a war favorably in almost 100 years.

One of the reasons that the mainland has to play careful with Taiwan. I couldn't imagine a situation where Hawaii was semi independent and the US couldn't just 'retake it' if necessary, but the mainland is actually very afraid of making a bold move in any direction because an embarrassment will be catastrophic to the ppl in power and losing positioning can mean death.
    If a war happens, whoever in power is immediately shaking the table too much and risks losing their positioning. Then they have that dumb ass lemmings culture where nobody wants to say inconvenient truths to power. Then there's the risk of a loss or a prolonged war causing resource issues that will stoke internal dissent (all the CCP cares about).

Everything it's doing right now -I believe- is to retake Taiwan and Co, and rewrite the boarders of Asia favorably as well as eliminating the potential for internal strife because China << CCP on the priority list. That works in the US's favor because global criminals allow you to be the global police. The US won't want to curtail China but they will protect the perception that they can and want to.

very insightful post, thanks for sharing

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think the China will benefit the US by providing a 'boogey man' that islam and communism can be anymore. The existence of a globally agreed boogeyman allows the US to do its primary foreign policy objective of being more deeply entrenched in the various regions of the world, especially at points vital to it's own trade. People in countries like Vietnam are genuinely of the belief that China will take over their country or attempt to very soon. Non-Chinese Asia has never been this open to a strong US presence in history, all due to the boarder disputes you stated and the region knowing how much of a bastard a strong China is historically.

But as far as 'stopping' or 'slowing down' or even containing China, the Chinese are playing a game that I don't believe the US is equip to understand because a lot of how we understand the world is based on an outdated WWII model that won't go away. At the same time, China can't fight and will probably never be good at fighting. It will have all the instruments to fight well possible and will make a habit of letting everyone know 'what they can do' but China can't fight. I was watching this thing where they were talking about China's military history and why they haven't won or concluded a war favorably in almost 100 years.

One of the reasons that the mainland has to play careful with Taiwan. I couldn't imagine a situation where Hawaii was semi independent and the US couldn't just 'retake it' if necessary, but the mainland is actually very afraid of making a bold move in any direction because an embarrassment will be catastrophic to the ppl in power and losing positioning can mean death.
    If a war happens, whoever in power is immediately shaking the table too much and risks losing their positioning. Then they have that dumb ass lemmings culture where nobody wants to say inconvenient truths to power. Then there's the risk of a loss or a prolonged war causing resource issues that will stoke internal dissent (all the CCP cares about).

Everything it's doing right now -I believe- is to retake Taiwan and Co, and rewrite the boarders of Asia favorably as well as eliminating the potential for internal strife because China << CCP on the priority list. That works in the US's favor because global criminals allow you to be the global police. The US won't want to curtail China but they will protect the perception that they can and want to.
    Good post, TSA. I think it's fair to say that it's "China's Time".
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

Banned

France is shitting itself because we pulled out of an $90bn agreement of course they are pissed off.

Yeah because Australia's own human rights record is in such good standing isn't it?

I hate the Chinese but they had a point when they started pointing the finger back at Australia and if they wanted to they could cripple our economy; the Europeans and Americans here don't realise how much or economy is reliant on doing business with China nor how tense the situation with China has been for what, 2-3 years now? It's easy to say fuck China don't do business with them from the other side of the world and a lot different when you're a brock micropenis length away from a country that hates us who are steadily developing relations with China who we are pissing off

Lol my local council where I grew up in is so heavily dominated by Chinese migrants that the CCP tell them what to do: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-...ation/10962226 You are grossly mistaken if you think it's in Australia's best interest to piss the Chinese off
    Last edited by The Hound; 09-19-2021 at 09:25 PM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

What's the country that hates you? New Z-Land?