Thread: <<China WATCH>>

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    There are tensions between India and China.

More generally speaking there are loads of territorial conflicts about border regions between China and the various, often small states surrounding China and India or close to these countries. Some of these conflicts go back centuries.

Here's a non exhaustive overview. There are many more disputes.

The Japanese are very self absorbed and generally racist to other cultures in that they think their way is superior (really, which culture doesn't). It is notoriously difficult for outsiders (foreigners) to really integrate themselves in Japanese society on a level of mutual and equal respect.

Because of WWII there is still a lot of leftover tension between China and Japan. There is of course also economic powerplay.

Here is an overview of Chinese Japanese hustory and relations

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hist...apan_relations

Finally, here's an online report / newspaper article I enjoyed reading about how Westerners ('Westerners') possibly misinterpret China and its development, in tge form of debunking 3 (perceived?) myths

https://hbr.org/2021/05/what-the-wes...ng-about-china

There are US military bases in Japan and the Pentagon writes their foreign policy, so all that shit about Japan thinks this and that and foreigners can't that and this is a bunch of wash. It's literally a colony. I dont even know how the convo got into japan being racist, not really what I was talking about. I just said I personally don't care about all this uguruy stuff and more ppl should feel comfortable not having to pretend they care about stuff they don't care about.

All of east asia is a China off-shoot culturally. All of the things Japan wants for it's self are also the things China wants for its self and not being a colony is allowing China to get those things at an efficiency that Japan appreciates. Once the stats for China start looking better than the stats for Japan, they will being to switch to the Chinese model, which isn't that different from the US model but puts the power we give corporations to government.

that harvard article you posted is good and it's kinda saying what I'm trying to say
    Last edited by TSA; 07-17-2021 at 10:30 AM.