Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: <<China WATCH>>

Banned

Indonesia. Kiwis hate us but like 750,000 of them live here when they have <5m total population so it says a lot about them
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Conversely, do many Aussies live in NZ?

Serious question, I have no idea. Didn't know about the kiwis in Australia either.

I did hear about extended weekend shopping trips from kiwis to big Australian cities (when I was holidaying in NZ). That kinda took me by surprise too. But it's understandable, it's not like NZ has any really big cities (except Auckland)

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Yeah because Australia's own human rights record is in such good standing isn't it?
    These things are relative. China's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    I hate the Chinese but they had a point when they started pointing the finger back at Australia and if they wanted to they could cripple our economy; the Europeans and Americans here don't realise how much or economy is reliant on doing business with China nor how tense the situation with China has been for what, 2-3 years now? It's easy to say fuck China don't do business with them from the other side of the world and a lot different when you're a brock micropenis length away from a country that hates us who are steadily developing relations with China who we are pissing off

Lol my local council where I grew up in is so heavily dominated by Chinese migrants that the CCP tell them what to do: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-...ation/10962226 You are grossly mistaken if you think it's in Australia's best interest to piss the Chinese off
    I didn't say it was in Australia's best interests. I said its not as simple as zooruka was saying.

Is the party gonna save Evergrande? If the company tanks tge housing market will quiet down some in China. But it will als have severe repercussions on both national and the international economy. It'll be interesting to see how the party proceeds

In retrospect maybe we should have seen the dip in the Chinese economy coming, taking into account how top soccer clubs in China have been tanking over the last year (and before). the money from the captains of industry isn't there anymore

{>____<}

But Mr Xi's remarks on Saturday were more conciliatory than his last major intervention on Taiwan in July, where he pledged to "smash" any attempts at formal Taiwanese independence.
    Wow. No surprise there.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I wonder what the Chinese version of Patton looks like.
    Retired.

I know people in the 1980s thought Japan was going to conquer the world or something (I forgot what my Boomer dad said to me), and now they have the same fear with China. Except this time, China is basically a superpower already. Not sure what's wrong with being #2 for a change. Let someone else have a turn

^ Because China bans free speech and encroaches on the freedoms of the surrounding countries. Its a totalitarian system where the individual has no say.

They've been engaged in the genocide of uyghur muslims for several years, which is the main reason the west is taking (an unfortunately minor) stance against them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    ^ Because China bans free speech and encroaches on the freedoms of the surrounding countries. Its a totalitarian system where the individual has no say.

They've been engaged in the genocide of uyghur muslims for several years, which is the main reason the west is taking (an unfortunately minor) stance against them.
    But what’s your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    I know people in the 1980s thought Japan was going to conquer the world or something (I forgot what my Boomer dad said to me), and now they have the same fear with China. Except this time, China is basically a superpower already. Not sure what's wrong with being #2 for a change. Let someone else have a turn
    Wow, it's almost like there has to be an overblown, idiotic hyperventilation about a foreign country every generation for no fucking reason other than to keep the news spicy and make politicians' and 'think tank' jobs seem more necessary and important.

SMH. Japan are pacifist and only want to sell you videogames. Not the same thing.