Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dipset verzuz The LOX

Default Dipset verzuz The LOX

Retired.

The LOX are legendary. I feel like Dispet were only hot for a few years, but that might just be my taste.

The Dipset brand got diluted by second tier rappers like 40Cal, JR Writer etc.

The LOX seem to suffer less from the association with a bevvy of D-Block posse rappers like (formerly) J-Hood, Snype Lyfe, AP, Bully etc. Probably because these are very low profile anyway.
    Retired.

nada ignorante

The Lox no contest
    N.I.

LOX are better rappers but Dipset have a few (near) classic albums. Arguably Dipset have a better ear for beats too.

Difficult choice. Lyrically Cam can hang with Kiss & Styles. Jones & Juelz are more like Louch.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Diplomats Heatmakerz joints would be hard to beat...they had a lot of super dope tracks. But there are a handful of LOX joints (ie Recognize, For the Love) I'd put up against any of their stuff. I'm gong with LOX

The ABBOTT

Do Dipset even collab anymore? Seems that might give the Lox an upper hand, since they have recent tracks released. This is almost the perfect versus considering how equal both sides are.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    Diplomats Heatmakerz joints would be hard to beat...they had a lot of super dope tracks. But there are a handful of LOX joints (ie Recognize, For the Love) I'd put up against any of their stuff. I'm gong with LOX
    Yeah, once they start dropping those Heatmakerz joints, it is going to be hard to beat, even for L.O.X., those joints still are crazy now. Diplomats definitely have the advantage on the club side of things. But if L.O.X. go with the classic Jadakiss and Styles back and forth wordplay joints like Dope Money, Banned From T.V. and We Gonna Make It, they can stand up to Diplomats.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    LOX are better rappers but Dipset have a few (near) classic albums. Arguably Dipset have a better ear for beats too.

Difficult choice. Lyrically Cam can hang with Kiss & Styles. Jones & Juelz are more like Louch.
    Cam'ron was always best to me in his Confessions Of Fire and Sports, Drugs And Entertainment era. Those will be good to drop in that battle. Sheek is straight up and down one of the best at straight street spitting, even better than Jadakiss and Styles if you ask me.. Nobody can do that ignorant, fuck all, ak47 up your family reunion type rap better than Sheek, he is just straight ruthless..

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Its All About The Benjamins. Game over.
    Yup, that could definitely end it quick. Would have to counter that with an equally powerful club smash. Pin The Tail can counter that. We Fly High also.

nada ignorante

Money power respect, Its all about the benjamins, WeŽll always love big poppa.... Dipset cant fuck with these
    N.I.

meanwhile it turns out da brat refused a verzuz against trina (for $150k), or so she says

https://allhiphop.com/rumors/da-brat-3/

^^that site is even more annoying than dx lol
    Retired.

Anybody peep the Verzuz last night? It was dope. I think L.O.X. took it, they played to their biggest strength and dropped a lot of their street joints. Diplomats were good also though. No love for Freekey Zekey though? He had a solo album too. Kind of like Tony Yayo though, it was saved by strong production. I would like to see G Unit Verzuz another group, but they do not seem to be together any more

I'm gonna watch a YT vid of it later this week and report back.
    Retired.