Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ***2020/21 OLYMPiCS THREAD***

Default ***2020/21 OLYMPiCS THREAD***

these stories are recurring events during large international sporting events ... this time a Ugandan weight lifter went underground in Japan saying he doesn't want to return home. the article below doesn't say so, but additional info shows he was on the waiting list for his team (he was 3rd in the African championship but hadn't qualified directly for the Olympics - he got to join the team to Japan just in case)

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...ts-2021-07-17/

Retired.

{>____<}

It won't feel the same with COVID-19 rules. I'm not hyped up like I normally am about the games. I know there'll be a lot of drama.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

The athletes are all complaining because they only get 15 minutes (!) outside a day, apart from the drive from the hotel to the training facilities.

15 minutes for a food run and that's it lol
    Retired.

{>____<}

I probably won't want it due to all the COVID-19 rules. It's making the games unpleasant.

I hear they are using VR techniques etc to heighten the watching experience. Broadcasts for abroad use will all be in 4k, those on the Japanese tv stations even in 8k.

The Dutch soccer women completely destroyed Zambia 10-3 today, in the press conference afterwards they completely destroyed the Japanese regime for Olympic athletes calling it a prison. They are kept at the back of hotel, can't go into communal spaces at the hotel, have to eat in the basement (lol), have an attendee who presses the button in the elevator - they're not even allowed to touch the button lel - and they can't go outside.

Yes, I'm sure these will be wonderful games for everyone involved lol.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-21-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    Retired.

The opening ceremony was kinda boring and bland to me?

Agree. shit was semi depressing
    Retired.

{>____<}

I watched the a bit of the open ceremony and a bit of games over the weekend. It's not the same. Basketball is lame! They bailed it down to one basket. Skateboarding is garbage (not X games quality), and the US are barely earning metals. I hope Track and Field will be worth watching.

looks like they should be handing out medals for depression this time around

hell you can even win one when you stay home

Retired.

Retired.

My former student Imke reached the 4X400 mixed relays final today. let's hope the team wins a medal

the US and the Dominican Republic were disqualified due to faulty hand overs

vids here (press 'ja' or 'alle cookies' to click through) https://sporza.be/nl/2021/07/30/geme...1627643497260/

Imke is the blonde
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-30-2021 at 08:32 AM.
    Retired.

^^Which one is she?

she' s the blonde on the left, with her back turned to the cam

here's a pic from a race earlier this year

Retired.

Poland won the 4x400 mixed relay finals!

Belgium placed 5th but might have won bronze if the US (silver) and Dominican Republic (bronze) hadn't seen their semifinal disqualification being overturned yesterday evening
    Retired.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    she' s the blonde on the left, with her back turned to the cam

here's a pic from a race earlier this year

Congrats