Thread: Advances/Promos/Leaks that are much better than the albums

Default Advances/Promos/Leaks that are much better than the albums

listened to Cuban Link's '24-K' advance for the first time yesterday. miles beyond his solo album 'Chain Reaction' that dropped 4 or 5 years later

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR5F...EhCsiVGWCxSqep

any other examples of such a divide in quality between promos/advances/leaked versions versus the official album?

all I got is Nas - 'I am' and MAYBE Mobb Deep - 'Murda Muzik' (still an ill retail album)

btw does anybody know if somebody managed to untag the '24-K' promo and if so can it be found online
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-31-2021 at 08:02 AM.
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

That album would have been sick, Fat Joe really denied us a great album.

I think the original Slum Village - Fantastic is pretty dope, although the 2.0 is still fire.

^^About to peep Vol. 1 now, thanks for the heads up. tbh I never really got much into Vol. 2. Maybe the beats are too mellow for me on occasion. I know that sounds like heresy lol but a person's taste is a person's taste I guess. Who knows, Vol. 1 might get me into Vol. 2 as well
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    That album would have been sick, Fat Joe really denied us a great album.
    For a crew that had great (Pun), good (Cuban Link) and solid rappers (Armageddon, Triple Seis, Prospect, later on Remy Ma and Tony Sunshine, and of course Fat Joe who in my opinion gets shitted on too much just for jumping on trends) their overall output is underwhelming.

Really too bad. Hardly any memorable tracks on both their albums. Cuban Link's official solo was a bust with some of those generic commercial tracks. Big Pun had problems keeping up the flow in the later years. Fat Joe made some questionable albums after JOSE & Loyalty. The other guys went into obscurity. 2nd gen Squadian Remy Ma's solo album was perennially pushed back and she had to do time

All in all with their talent they have little too show for it in terms of classic albums, except for Don Cartagena and Capital Punishment
    Retired.

btw Sha you ever hear these?

Last edited by Rev Jones; 07-31-2021 at 04:13 PM.
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    For a crew that had great (Pun), good (Cuban Link) and solid rappers (Armageddon, Triple Seis, Prospect, later on Remy Ma and Tony Sunshine, and of course Fat Joe who in my opinion gets shitted on too much just for jumping on trends) their overall output is underwhelming.

Really too bad. Hardly any memorable tracks on both their albums. Cuban Link's official solo was a bust with some of those generic commercial tracks. Big Pun had problems keeping up the flow in the later years. Fat Joe made some questionable albums after JOSE & Loyalty. The other guys went into obscurity. 2nd gen Squadian Remy Ma's solo album was perennially pushed back and she had to do time

All in all with their talent they have little too show for it in terms of classic albums, except for Don Cartagena and Capital Punishment
    I was thinking the exact same. The Terror Squad album was a good start to what I thought was more to come. Pun did standout as the best talent though.

Veteran Member

24K is great, I totally forgot about it TBH. Need to revisit that soon. And I'd put Armageddon in the "great" category. He should have put out proper album back then.

Regarding OT: I always preferred the promo version of Buddha Monk's The Prophecy because of the extra tracks.