Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: **DAiLY CHAT**

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Conspiracy theories.
    Once, conspiracy theories were great discussion. Now everything is a conspiracy theory. People base their entire life's on theories they read about online.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    I can see this. Seems like everything is getting funneled towards the most popular sites. Internet before all the most popular sites like FBook,YT, Twitter, Google, etc. Was a whole different experience then currently.
    Wu Corp does not exist in the new internet world.

It would have to be a part of one of the monopoly sites and our discourse would not have been as good as it was.

It was no holds barred and that’s why people liked it.

We had our very own Q-anon with KTL. We had it all. For us. True organic diversity. Not this forced and regulated stuff you see now.

True, I said on here 10 years ago the internet is going to turn into this sanitized, corporate bullshit eventually.

It can still get a lot worse, but its going to change so much that it may be better in other ways.

Cocktail night. I feel my age right now haha
    Retired.

Conspiracy theories.
    People feel the overwhelming need to put the BLAME on somebody, a group or whathaveyou. I put it down to not being able to deal with a situation you feel powerless over
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    People feel the overwhelming need to put the BLAME on somebody, a group or whathaveyou. I put it down to not being able to deal with a situation you feel powerless over
    For sure. It's the same urge as religious belief. Human life is chaotic and maybe impossible to fully grasp, so people reach for neat little stories that can be used to explain everything.

The ABBOTT

For sure. It's the same urge as religious belief. Human life is chaotic and maybe impossible to fully grasp, so people reach for neat little stories that can be used to explain everything.
    The same can be applied to political parties here. People get completely caught up on their narrative and live their life based on what the current message they are feeding them. Imagine basing your well being on individuals that have a objective that is in only their own interest.

Afternoon in the Irish pub downing Kilkenny and discussing Bowie, Reed, Pop, Dylan, Rolling Stones and Kinks. Can it be that it is all so simple?
    Retired.

The ABBOTT

What internet sites do you visit on a weekly basis? Beyond mainstream sites that are well known.

Some sports sites but they only discuss locally known athletes etc.

I'm on the corp a lot but actually I only visit like 4 to 5 sites ever. I do a lot of google searches though that thematically list albums to think of my next purchase. So those include lots of rock sites

Banned

The PM system here is total smegma - Hal in response to your message I don’t have discord
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    The PM system here is total smegma - Hal in response to your message I don’t have discord
    if you click the link I PMed it should take you to the browser version, so it's just a website. there's no need to install the app. I use the website version as well.

Whats up with the timeouts again?
    yeah bad news. AFAIK we have no clue as to why this time around. can't really offer any useful comment, was offline for three days