Thread: Drake asked Alchemist for beats

Default Drake asked Alchemist for beats

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.63971/t...-him-for-beats

IDK, this could go either way. Not a Drake fan personally apart from a few singles.

Who knows whether we'll ever get to hear anything.
    Retired.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Hopefully he does not waste something gangstah on him. Drake would need something smooth from him, Alchemist is versatile and can hook up a beat for him accordingly.

Drake pretty much sticks to the same sound palette, if he gets some Alc beats they'll be the luxury yacht sounding ones not the grimy Griselda style ones.

It would be interesting to have 40 take some Alc beats and do some additional production. 40 is really underrated I think, but thats what you get if you only produce for one artist.

Yeah, everybody always knew that Havoc was dope but he had to step outside of producing for Mobb Deep to get really popular. Why? with Jadakiss and Anthony Hamilton is the culmination of his mainstream success. Doing multiple full projects with people is the best way to get yourself out there. I am going to have to YouTube this 40 guy and see what his beats are about.

The ABBOTT

ALC needs to spend more time with quality artist. Honestly, Drake can drop some decent bars occasionally. I wanted to like the Bo Jackson LP collab of Boldy James/Alchemist. James flow is zzzzz. Just maybe a drake and ALC team up would come off on point.

Alchemist is nice, but honestly these underground producers that no one talks about (Mr. Green, Necro, C-Lance) are just as dope. I think people just reach out to Alchemist because his name is big. Even that Harry Fraud dude is a monster.

All three are dope, especially C Lance.

Big Harry Fraud fan here.

Not a fan of drake but props to him for acknowledging one of the best producers in the game.

No doubt, I always love to see hardcore, underground producers getting those large checks even if it is from wack niggahz, just as long as they do not waste the ill shit on them.

Veteran Member

Uncle Alc is nice, and he has created some classic beats. But I've never thought that he has the consistency (at least for my personal taste). Out of 10, 5 beats could be very dope, but the other 5 may be ok or meh.

Agree about C-Lance and Mr Green...nice to see them getting some recognition here!