Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Will you get vaccinated?

Banned

Default Will you get vaccinated?

I don’t really care one way or the other about the vaccines I just haven’t really been bothered to get the jab plus I don’t really like being needled anyway but my work is considered essential and it’s pretty obvious that at some point all essential workers will have to be vaccinated and to travel you’ll need to be vaccinated and all this other shit and since we have nurses at our work giving out the Pfizer vaccine I’m booked in at work to get mine.

What are you guys doing, vaccine or no vaccine?

As much as i don’t really care about the vaccine I wouldn’t be doing it if the AstraZeneca was the one I had to get since that’s the blood clot vaccine and we only have it by large quantities here because a guy on the executive board was part of the current government 20 years ago so it’s all dodgy there. I don’t even think that vaccine is being used in the USA which tells you all you need to know.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Got 2 Moderna shots. I'm the only one in the family. My sister believes in the whole microchip thing and is generally batshit crazy. My brother-in-law is heavy on Jebus. My parents are in their seventies and are too worried about long term side effects. The latter can be considered an optimistic view.

Welcome to the family.
    Retired.

like hound it's not something i give a rats ass about or I feel is urgent and I work for myself, so I won't have external pressure. All of the reasonable ppl I know got it and all of the unreasonable people didn't or won't. I'm unreasonable so I'm more skeptical than I am optimistic about it.

Not on some microchip shit. I want to see someone get it and have a normal kid then I'll be cool w/ it. I don't think corona is that big of a deal. It's not the first way someone can get sick and won't be the last. It sucks when you're sick but it's a part of mortal life and I feel like the mortality rate being posted to shame Trump made it seem worst than it really is. I also don't think it's something you can vaccinate away. I vividly remember them saying it mutated multiple times within a very short period when the US first started taking it as a possible threat sometime last spring/winter. I think a vaccine completely ignores this (previously) well advertised feature of the virus.
    I also think the government is acting weird and dodgy as fuck about it. There's a clear attempt to prevent two way public discussion of it and that shit's bizzarre.

But for some reason, like I said, all of the reasonable ppl I know are getting it and all of the wahoos are against it so my concerns are clearly coming from the ignorant quadrants of my brain. I just had corona though and it's just feels like regular ass malaria with some weird like caveats like not being able to smell things or enjoy music. But you sweat a lot, have no energy then it's over. I've lucky I can shut down for 2 weeks so I can see how it's more important for essential workers and co to care about.

{>____<}

I got vaccinated in May 2021.
    Loyalty is Royalty. Strength and Loyalty

I had my first shot of Pfizer yesterday.

Not going to be one of those dicks who refuse and end up dead in a hospital weeks later.

Never gonna get the vax, never gonna wear a mask
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Never gonna get the vax, never gonna wear a mask
    True superheroes don't need a disguise.

Not a super hero, just a superspreader.
    "I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Banned

I just got over a bout with covid I think it was the second time I had it. First time I had the same symptoms back in feb ‘20. I got tested this time.

I’ve never been scared to get it, I’m naturally skeptical of hype so I just look at it like any other illnesss you can get.

No point in getting the vaccine now I’m good for what? Six months?

Some people get it some don’t. I don’t judge either way. It’s not a huge deal to me I’ve known so many people that got it. It’s not going anyway, the vaccine can’t stop it from spreading so people just need to deal with it. I think most people actually do but government funded entities are like chickens with their heads cut off.

A lot of the people I know who are skeptical of the vaccine got to that point because of the odd way it’s been handled with the strange “misinformation” campaign and the heavy handed measures and mandates.

Really most of the younger people I know aren’t vaccinated while the older ones got it. Which I’d say is par for the course.
    Last edited by Dooch; 08-21-2021 at 02:37 PM.

^mirrors my experience. I also don't know why we're not encouraged to look into who's responsible for creating this visibly man made bullshit and letting it out.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    ^mirrors my experience. I also don't know why we're not encouraged to look into who's responsible for creating this visibly man made bullshit and letting it out.
    Same reason they didn’t let anyone know Afghanistan was a constant failure.

I feel like this one is on another level. Someone jackass literally changed the living situation of humanity for the worst and we're not even proposing the idea of looking into it. Sad times.
    I'd how someone will let this one slid and then have the nerve to bitch about anything 'political' ever again

I think China is refusing any more investigations now. I'm not sure what it would mean now after they've probably shredded every bit of evidence, but yes we should know exactly what happened.

Covid could be man made, but new viruses appear all the time - you don't need a conspiracy for something like this to happen. They happened before we knew about science and they'll continue to appear periodically. Most virus mutations are benign but you also get shit like HIV and the black plague from time to time.

Banned

I was all set to get my jab this week but today I found out I am a close contact of a covid case at work and I have to self isolate for 14 days from the contact which was last Monday and I’m not allowed to go and get the vaccine, fucks sake.

I normally wouldn’t care and just ride it out except I’m looking after my grandmother so I’m worried about passing it to her.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

I hope you can get someone to cover for you to take care for your grandma.

If the guhment offers me a 3rd shot aka 'the booster shot' I'll take it too. Right now that doesn't seem to be the policy though. Israel is ahead on the vax plan and they're already doing 3rd shots. Eh I'll see what happens.