Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
I think China is refusing any more investigations now. I'm not sure what it would mean now after they've probably shredded every bit of evidence, but yes we should know exactly what happened.

Covid could be man made, but new viruses appear all the time - you don't need a conspiracy for something like this to happen. They happened before we knew about science and they'll continue to appear periodically. Most virus mutations are benign but you also get shit like HIV and the black plague from time to time.
I think the people we have to wait for so they can tell us how to preceive reality have already established that it's man/lab made. I remember Jon Stewart yelling about it on the Colbert Show. Viruses appear all the time but this one spreads like something deliberately designed to cover a ridiculous amount of ground in a short period of time, and not like something that gradually evolves to do this. It would be like meeting a person that runs at 400 miles an hour. Safe to assume something artificial happened even though yes, humans that run fast are born everyday.

I stopped watching the news sometime last year so these things trickle in here and there but I do remember it being deem ok to admit it was man made. I agree the China will likely not allow any real investigation to happen but that weird period where ppl weren't allowed to say it was from China or imply it's a Chinese virus, was really weird. Not sure if that's still going on but I think shaming Trump was a major motivator for that era.

I don't think it HIV was man made but it was most definitely spread deliberately. The evidence on that has come out but the people who we wait for to allow us to think things aren't that interested in Africa so idk if it's cool to say it yet or not.