Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally finished the Sopranos - great show

Default Finally finished the Sopranos - great show

Never got around to it till this past week. Phenomenal show.

Reason I'm making this thread is to ask DOOCH and Art Vandalay is they've ever eaten gabagool.

I remember hound saying he's italian too, but idk if australian italians are the gabagool type ya know. idk.

Yeah the show is about as good as it gets. Vivid insight into 21st century western values and culture in general, even beyond La Cosa Nostra.

Great show. Extremely bada binge worthy.

btw TSA, classic question here : how did you like the ending? Did the camera work throw you off a bit like it did me?

You know, I think if i would have watched it the first time around I would have been pissed cause wtf. But I knew about the ending going in, so it was actually pretty good. There no way in hell to land that plane. A lot of nihilistic shows have that same problem because they're too realistic for any real ending and life just kinda 'goes on'. Game of Thrones comes to mind.

Idk how I would have ended it differently. Tony had to go because at that point he was getting annoying. I would have had Tony show some sort of humanity which got everyone killed or locked up. I think he was a shit person but that's the exact type of person you need to be to operate what he was operating, and that would have shown that in the end but, the show's way above anything I can think up.

what did you think?

I liked the ending but it was abrupt. A cold ending. The kill and roll credits. It fit the show.

In hindsight, if we're talking plot changes, I guess it would have had nice dramatic effect if Leotardo's crew leaned on Silvio (over Bada Bing debts or licenses, or maybe family issues) to make it so that to get out from under Leotardo's pressure, he'd have to kill Tony. In the Bada Bing backroom.

Since Sil always talks about and upholds the mob code, and was loyal to Tony throughout the show, it would have been a shocker. In order for it to surprise the audience there'd have to be some flash back scene or explanatory dialogue after the kill to show Sil's motive. Or better yet drop oblique clues in the final two episodes about Sil being in trouble.

The last shot for me would be a close up of a shocked Paulie's face as he realizes he's the last guy standing. It would be a fitting end imo because Paulie is a dumb, greedy cunt and thus symbolizes traits that bring mob families down. The buffone is the last person on the stage.

All in all I liked the ending the way it happened on screen.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-20-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Banned

I watched it probably 3 times over and I’ll sit there for hours just watching scenes on the internet.

Yea capicol is good it’s not my favorite, lil too fatty for me. A guy like Tony tho, he’s gonna love his capicol.

It’s my favorite all time series but it’s geared toward us so it’s hard not to love it for me. It’s authentic and it shows us In a very wide scope, good and bad. I enjoyed the honesty. Plus beside all of that it just great writing and acting.

So many great charActers. My favorite is still Richie Aprile giving Tony agita for a full season.

Banned

I was fine with the ending. He was getting popped. His whole crew got it. They took on New York. It was inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    I watched it probably 3 times over and IÂ’ll sit there for hours just watching scenes on the internet.

Yea capicol is good itÂ’s not my favorite, lil too fatty for me. A guy like Tony tho, heÂ’s gonna love his capicol.

ItÂ’s my favorite all time series but itÂ’s geared toward us so itÂ’s hard not to love it for me. ItÂ’s authentic and it shows us In a very wide scope, good and bad. I enjoyed the honesty. Plus beside all of that it just great writing and acting.

So many great charActers. My favorite is still Richie Aprile giving Tony agita for a full season.
    The characters were top notch. Aprile having 'gun sex' was that most hilarious shit to me for a good week. In a show full of complete psychos, for him to be the most psycho guy for a season was a hell of an achievement. Paulie and Chris were favorites. My wife and I referred to Chris as 'dooch' for at least 2 seasons until CHRISTAFAH became catchier. I found Tony annoying af, but I can't imagine any other personality type working for the position he held. The making of 'cleaver' was fucking hilarious

'You know the scene where he's having sex with the two asian strippers'
    'Then they put him back together, with science...maybe, something supernatural'

Only criticism I have of the show is the body count getting a little too unrealistic overtime, but it's still pretty much a perfect show.

Took you long enough

"I hate them and I wish death among them!" - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Took you long enough

right?
    I guess they're working on a prequel by David Chase,. Idk too much about it though

Banned

I’ve heard it’s pretty good. At least that’s what ex cast members have said about the script. Gandolfini’s son is playing a young Tony. Seems like the plot man revolve around Christopher’s father, Dickie Moltisanti. Tony’s dad and Uncle Junior I believe are in it. David Chase is doing it.

Yeah I don't see them messing it up.

A prequel is the way to go with The Sopranos, at a certain point with TV shows its just retelling the same story slightly differently so you have to know when to call it a day. Like another season would be pointless, the era is so different it would be like another show anyway.

Are you guys gonna watch 50 Cent's BMF show? Lol.

Might give it a watch but who knows when they'll show it here. none of the streaming platforms here have a deal w/ Starz

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    I’ve heard it’s pretty good. At least that’s what ex cast members have said about the script. Gandolfini’s son is playing a young Tony. Seems like the plot man revolve around Christopher’s father, Dickie Moltisanti. Tony’s dad and Uncle Junior I believe are in it. David Chase is doing it.
    nice
    You should try to get on there lol