Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are we still fixated on ‘90s hip-hop?

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Hip-hop can never be better than the 1980s-1990s, just like rock & roll can never be better than 1950s-1970s, and I'm OK with that. They both had their golden age. So did Jazz. So did electronica. I know Gen Z worships Millennial rappers like Kendrick Lamar and J Cole and Tyler the Creator, but I'm not a fan of theirs, even though they're from my generation. I just think the old Gen X rappers were better. It's weird that I can't connect with rappers from my own generation.

Anyway, I could've easily made a thread called "Are we still fixated on '90s wrestling" and everybody would've given the same answers. It was the golden age of wrestling (NWO, Stone Cold, Bret Hart), and now it's kinda dumb. Same thing really.
    Good take. I was thinking the same thing about rock and jazz music. What would you consider the golden age of Electronica? I am not sure if it is currently still in its golden or maybe coming to it's end.

I would consider 80s wrestling >90s wrestling. There was territories still then. It wasn't all WCW or WWE. There is so much great stories from that era.

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Good take. I was thinking the same thing about rock and jazz music. What would you consider the golden age of Electronica? I am not sure if it is currently still in its golden or maybe coming to it's end.

I would consider 80s wrestling >90s wrestling. There was territories still then. It wasn't all WCW or WWE. There is so much great stories from that era.
    I think they say the ‘70s was the golden age of electronica because of Brian Eno and Kraftwerk. But I think the ‘90s was better because of Aphex Twin, Bjork and Moby.

As for wrestling, the ‘80s made way more money, but people always say the Attitude Era was the best. Also WCW wasn’t that great till NWO began in 1996. It’s hard to watch ‘80s wrestling matches on video, but the ones from the ‘90s are everywhere on YouTube, so they get way more exposure.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    I think they say the ‘70s was the golden age of electronica because of Brian Eno and Kraftwerk. But I think the ‘90s was better because of Aphex Twin, Bjork and Moby.

As for wrestling, the ‘80s made way more money, but people always say the Attitude Era was the best. Also WCW wasn’t that great till NWO began in 1996. It’s hard to watch ‘80s wrestling matches on video, but the ones from the ‘90s are everywhere on YouTube, so they get way more exposure.
    I think the 90s is golden era for WWE. But outside of that it would have to be late 70s/80s. The actual only way to see a majority of it is on the WWE network, ironically. They have NWA, WCW, Mid-Atlantic,WCCW, AWA,Stampede,.Memphis and so on.

nada ignorante

wrong post m bad
    N.I.