Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clerks 3 Wrapped

Default Clerks 3 Wrapped

Kevin Smith Shares Clerks 3 Set Photo As Filming Wraps

Kevin Smith shares Clerks 3 set photo with the cast, including Jason Mewes, Brian O'Halloran, and Jeff Anderson, as filming wraps on the new comedy.
    By Paul Shirey Published 1 day ago

Kevin Smith has announced the filming wrap for Clerks 3 with a new set photo. Smith began his career on the Clerks franchise, beginning with the first film, released in 1994. Starring Brian O'Halloran, Jeff Anderson, Kevin Smith, Jason Mewes, and Marilyn Ghigliotti, Clerks served as a benchmark in low-budget indie fare, ushering in a new wave of independent films in the 90s. Smith directed several follow-up films with his View Askewniverse of characters, including Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and Clerks II, while experimenting in other genres and platforms as well.
    Smith began production on Clerks 3 on August 2nd, 2021, and has shared multiple updates on social media along the way. The director has said that the film is a much more personal story as it draws from his recent heart attack experience. Smith has rebounded from the attack and thrust himself back to work ever since, with his first film afterward being Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, another entry in the View Askewniverse series.
    Related: Jay and Silent Bob Reboot's Ending Answers 25-Year-Old Clerks Mystery
    Kevin Smith took to Twitter to announce the wrap on Clerks 3, shot around midnight, finishing up the latest entry in the series. The director said that the final shot was replicating the scene in the first film, which featured Jay & Silent Bob dancing in the dark outside of RST Video. Smith goes on to thank his producers, Jordan Monsanto and Liz Destro, saying that they had made his "dreams come true" and that it was an "adventure" making the film. Check out his original post below:

Smith has been a mainstay in the industry since Clerks, with his work in stand-up specials, AMC's Comic Book Men series, as well as his Clerks: Animated Series. Smith has even taken up residence in the superhero genre, directing multiple episodes of Supergirl, The Flash, and the comedy series The Goldbergs. Smith most recently put his skills to the test with the Masters of the Universe: Revelation animated series on Netflix.
    With Clerks 3, Smith returns to the roots of arguably his best (and first) work. Clerks is an indie classic, and in many ways, Smith has been trying to recapture that lightning in a bottle again and again. Whether the director has exceeded that work is up to fans, but regardless he's created a universe of beloved (and raunchy) characters that viewers love to see again and again. For Smith, returning to the well that kept his career alive is never a bad thing, and many fans would surely like to see this crew grow and age to the very end. Knowing Smith's proclivities, audiences are sure to revisit the View Askewniverse many more times over.

https://screenrant.com/clerks-3-kevi...-filming-wrap/

I had no idea they were this far along with it. Definitely looking forward to it, the Clerks series is classic.

Smith's films are inconsistent though, I hope he doesn't fuck it up.

Great news. Can't wait.

The ABBOTT

Wasn't clerks 2 and Jay silent bob 2 disappointments? I watched them but don't remember them being all that great.

I'd say Clerks 2 is his best film, but that was 15 years ago.

The recent Bob & Jay film was horrible. Which makes me cautious about this one.

Clerks 2 is a classic

This still makes me laugh. IIRC it was just a short clip for Jay Leno or something back in the day.

The ABBOTT

Have you seen this? It is worth a watch.

Chasing Amy is obviously his best film. Tarantino ranked it the best film of 1997. Clerks and Dogma are 2nd and 3rd

Dogma is really silly. A bigger budget probably would have helped for such an epic premise.

Chasing Amy was a fascinating film, and ahead of its time. Again a bigger budget really would have helped. It doesn't look terrible, but I think they shot the whole thing for 250K and it shows. I haven't seen it in a while but yeah, you can make the case for Kevin Smith as a serious filmmaker with that.

Clerks 1 & 2 to me is his best work.

to be fair, Kevin Smith doesn't even crack the top 20 of his generation. we're not talking Wes Anderson or Paul Thomas Anderson here...or even Robert Rodriguez. he's just a comic book geek who made it into the movie industry and makes goofy movies

True, hes a great comedian and writer more than a filmmaker, but hes had his moments.