Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westside Gunn Wants to Put Together a Raekwon & Ghost Album

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    As usual, Wu Tang fucks up every opportunity they get to be big. I thought that the Killa Bees were going to come out the hive after that situation, although Myalansky dropped something, I thought that more affiliates would step up and make the most of the free publicly they are getting from this situation, but then again, this is Wu Tang we are talking about here.. The clique well known for not striking while the iron is hot..
    YEa i couldn’t believe how dudes did not Seize that moment . This could have brought so many new fans and ears to their craft.

sigh..

Shaolin Student

I think Westside Gunn isn't that innovative with the beats but he's paying respect to the origins of hip hop. I'd be happy with any music the godz are still dropping. If it's Westside production or not.

PRODIGAL SUN

Yall overhyping griselda. They have 20 albums and only 3 of em get any legacy play. People still talk about the wu classica noone cares about anything but the newest griselda, listens a month and moves on.

when he makes his own cuban linx ill pay attention.

id rather get a rza joint and have 5 new good rza songs than 15 fake rza songs.

Yall acting like griselda has fans that arent wu fans lmao. They touch no base wu hasnt already touched. They are not loved like that. Yall overexagerrating like usual.
    Last edited by ForensikZ; 09-08-2021 at 10:20 PM.

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

Elcamino is the only Cat outta Griselda that I’m feelin’

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Yall overhyping griselda. They have 20 albums and only 3 of em get any legacy play. People still talk about the wu classica noone cares about anything but the newest griselda, listens a month and moves on.

when he makes his own cuban linx ill pay attention.

id rather get a rza joint and have 5 new good rza songs than 15 fake rza songs.

Yall acting like griselda has fans that arent wu fans lmao. They touch no base wu hasnt already touched. They are not loved like that. Yall overexagerrating like usual.
    Yeah ok, Raekwon's last good project was Shaolin vs Wu-Tang. Ghost's last good project was Apollo Kids. This would be an extra trophy to their collection working with Westside Gunn. He'll get them on good beats, I don't care about a Rza or Wu-Element beat anymore that dream is done. Ya'll still holding on to that for some reason. Wu-Tang has proven time and Time again they still have bars but they just don't have the right beats/sound. Westside Gunn would solve this problem easily. But you have the right to your opinion.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    Yeah ok, Raekwon's last good project was Shaolin vs Wu-Tang. Ghost's last good project was Apollo Kids. This would be an extra trophy to their collection working with Westside Gunn. He'll get them on good beats, I don't care about a Rza or Wu-Element beat anymore that dream is done. Ya'll still holding on to that for some reason. Wu-Tang has proven time and Time again they still have bars but they just don't have the right beats/sound. Westside Gunn would solve this problem easily. But you have the right to your opinion.

if they wanted to make that type of album i. The first place, they would have. Rae seems perfectly happy doing what he was doing. Both those albums were mid btw. Noone in wu has released a real album in ten years. Everything is cut and paste money jobs. Theres maybe 3 rappers who even release albums at this age like that. So no. I dint expect it to happen because if they wanted to rhyme over old shit they wouod have in the past 20 years but instead did everything but that.. cuban 2 the one rare occurance.. better than any griselda album btw.

but cling on to ya westside gunn fake wu album dream. Everything i said ia true. Us hip hop heads online know these guys, the average fan dont have a fucking clue who westside gunn is. And i know because i make music and ask people all the time and they always reapond no or theyre ok. They aint wutang. So to pretend its going to do some big favor to the clan is a fuckin lie and a half.

plus your underestimating wus ego. If ep 2 of the show and the shot to drumless modern hip hop production is any indication, i doubt it happens cause like i said, they coulda went that route the entire time.

Veteran Member

I'm a bit torn here. I'm not a huge Griselda fan, but think I would be open to the idea of Rae & Ghost trying something new/different. However, we've tried this in the past without much success (ie using producers they select outside of Wu or having someone else involved in that process).

RZA hasn't proven in a style that he can still be creatively involved in creating a classic album. Some of the Wu producers still create dope beats (Bronze, 4th, and Ringz based on feedback on this forum). So a Wu-produced album that actually sounds good IS possible imo. But I wouldn't get my hopes up that this would happen.

Whatever would drop I would of course check for it regardless of who was involved, and I would reserve judgement until a proper listen.

Imagine already hating an album/idea before hearing it. it could be the illest album out but because of a majority of attitudes here, it wouldn't be appreciated.

unfortunate really

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Imagine already hating an album/idea before hearing it. it could be the illest album out but because of a majority of attitudes here, it wouldn't be appreciated.

unfortunate really
    As a Wu fan, I'd still be excited about a Rae/Ghost album regardless of who was involved

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Whats it like on your planet?
    Im from the planet called STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK. I know how these guys think. I know what the talk about Griselda is off the internet. If you think that rae and ghost , LEGENDS with multiple 5 mic albums, are gonna let another dude 20 years their jnr with NO classics, dictate for them like they had to under rza, doing everyrhing in their fucking power to escape him, that they will never put themselves in that position again. At best its be another fake project on the way like “THE LOST TAPES” or “Ghostface killahs”. Ghost hasnt dropped a real album since wizard of poetry 12 years ago. Unless dude does it for free, its Not happening. And a rae and ghost collab album is NEVER happening on griselda. Keep dreaming.

i dont get what planet yall on where they repeatedly deaded these types of beats every release for 20 years while we all complained; but you think now they got an epiphany today. Why use bootleg producers from outside when ya family has the real thing those guys are mimmicking.

everything ive said is fact. A rae and ghost album is not coming under griselda. Lmao. They arent even mainstream like that. Wu would be hustling fucking backwards for internet points.

im good.

I agree that Cuban Linx 2 is better than any Griselda album I've heard so far, but lately these guys have a much better ear for beats than the Wu, and that's what's important right now. Maybe the Wu doesn't want to rap over old grimy beats anymore, but I think they just have a crappy ear for beats, and Griselda can solve that problem. Or maybe Griselda are just nostalgic '90s kids who want to recreate their childhood by having Ghost and Rae make an old school album. Hey, I'm a '90s kid, so I'm all for that. But the Wu are middle-aged men and I don't think they care about '90s nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Im from the planet called STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK. I know how these guys think. I know what the talk about Griselda is off the internet. If you think that rae and ghost , LEGENDS with multiple 5 mic albums, are gonna let another dude 20 years their jnr with NO classics, dictate for them like they had to under rza, doing everyrhing in their fucking power to escape him, that they will never put themselves in that position again. At best its be another fake project on the way like “THE LOST TAPES” or “Ghostface killahs”. Ghost hasnt dropped a real album since wizard of poetry 12 years ago. Unless dude does it for free, its Not happening. And a rae and ghost collab album is NEVER happening on griselda. Keep dreaming.

i dont get what planet yall on where they repeatedly deaded these types of beats every release for 20 years while we all complained; but you think now they got an epiphany today. Why use bootleg producers from outside when ya family has the real thing those guys are mimmicking.

everything ive said is fact. A rae and ghost album is not coming under griselda. Lmao. They arent even mainstream like that. Wu would be hustling fucking backwards for internet points.

im good.
    Odd take.

Here’s a novel idea.

let rae and ghost work with whoever they want and you can also choose not to support it either .as stated before , w gunn has great beat selections. As long as he facilitated that and doesn’t add verses. It should be a great album .

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Here’s a novel idea.

let rae and ghost work with whoever they want and you can also choose not to support it either .as stated before , w gunn has great beat selections. As long as he facilitated that and doesn’t add verses. It should be a great album .
    Whats the point of that? Alot of people forget that ghost had alot of input regarding beat picking for various wu projects early on with rza at the helm.

I really dont get why you want a subpar artists with a subpar producer (dilinger) should do a wu album.

I mean even rae seems to have a good connection to scram jones who I personally see as a better producer then dilinger for one.

I know that rza has that heat in the vault he could with ease pull up and make a album that would shock us all. But as deck said in the doggie diamonds interview that rza keeps on saying thats the old shit here is the new shit.

If ghost could convince rza to open up hes vault of beats we would have classic rae and ghost. Maybe even the wu tang record we been wanting for years.