Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westside Gunn Wants to Put Together a Raekwon & Ghost Album

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Default Westside Gunn Wants to Put Together a Raekwon & Ghost Album

https://www.complex.com/music/westsi...nterview-hwh8/

Don't know why they're not taking advantage of this offer. It would definitely boost their catalog even more. He also said he wants to put an album together with Jadakiss.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

He's a great curator on his own albums. I think he can do it for other artists too.

I can predict some of the replies though.

He should get the chance to make it happen.

Cuban Linx is basically a Rae and Ghost album, and we know how great that album is. Wu-Massacre was a travesty, but that's because the beats were corny. I think with the right production, they could definitely create an "old school grimey" album like Westside said. I'm sure Cilva could do it just fine, but not sure how good his relationship with the Wu is anymore

That would be FIRE!!!!

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    He's a great curator on his own albums. I think he can do it for other artists too.

I can predict some of the replies though.
    I have been in YouTube comments and this topic always comes up and it is always, "Wu Tang does not need Griselda's help, Daringer bit Rza's whole style and Westside Gunn, Conway The Machine and Benny The Butcher bit everything about Cuban Linx and Ironman"
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 09-04-2021 at 07:30 PM.

Eastern village

No thanks. We dont need or want that. The whole Griselda movement is corny to me.

What is corny about Griselda to you?

They should consider this.
    Rae and Ghost might need an injection of Griselda, in fact, the whole industry needed/needs it.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ

Peace CT

I’ll take it. I don’t love the griselda crew, but their sound/beats r in the right frame. Plus don’t forget Busta is the one who pushed to get CL2 rolling. And Wu doesn’t put out much music these days so y wouldn’t anyone want this. Jada needs to make this happen too. Been saying for years how does he not have a Alchemist or Havoc album. Peace

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    No thanks. We dont need or want that. The whole Griselda movement is corny to me.
    Their music , lyrics, and adlibs. The whole style they are doing.

This would be great to see , I’m curious to see what would come of this .

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

This should've been done, they weren't touring during the pandemic they had plenty of time. It'll be too late soon if not already. I hope Jada does take advantage.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollow Dartz View Post
    This should've been done, they weren't touring during the pandemic they had plenty of time. It'll be too late soon if not already. I hope Jada does take advantage.
    ^^^
    good point .

also i expected a ton of wu affiliates to drop bangas during the nore altercation. Cats dropped the ball on that one

As usual, Wu Tang fucks up every opportunity they get to be big. I thought that the Killa Bees were going to come out the hive after that situation, although Myalansky dropped something, I thought that more affiliates would step up and make the most of the free publicity they are getting from this situation, but then again, this is Wu Tang we are talking about here.. The clique well known for not striking while the iron is hot..
    Last edited by David Daniel Davis; 09-06-2021 at 06:35 PM.