Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Westside Gunn Wants to Put Together a Raekwon & Ghost Album

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    Whats the point of that? Alot of people forget that ghost had alot of input regarding beat picking for various wu projects early on with rza at the helm.

I really dont get why you want a subpar artists with a subpar producer (dilinger) should do a wu album.

I mean even rae seems to have a good connection to scram jones who I personally see as a better producer then dilinger for one.

I know that rza has that heat in the vault he could with ease pull up and make a album that would shock us all. But as deck said in the doggie diamonds interview that rza keeps on saying thats the old shit here is the new shit.

If ghost could convince rza to open up hes vault of beats we would have classic rae and ghost. Maybe even the wu tang record we been wanting for years.
    LOL
    damn if you do, damn if you with wu fans. daringer in my opinion is NOT a subpar producer. matter of fact, The kinda beats wu fans have been whining about wanting forever are what he does for most part and still, it ain't enough. Also, the point of is is hearing some different, something wayward from the usual suspect producers and features etc, it would be nice to see wu artists work with someone else in terms of album arrangement to see the contrast in both formulas. i think its refreshing and much needed.

now take it from someone who has inside scope. RZA since he got married ain't trying to do the shit ya'll grew up on, he simply has no interest and do not count on him opening up the vaults anytime soon. i won't go into detail why, just a hint that he is married and that plays a part.

LASTLY, these dudes are hot on the scene right now, i don't know about you over there but here, i've met new dudes who talk about griselda, if anyone has the clout to get ghost and rae in a studio together to work, this dude would be it, because believe it or not, your fav rapper loves clout and visibility too.
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 09-13-2021 at 01:43 PM.

The guys name is Daringer. You also have dope producers like Alchemist, Beat Butcha, Camo Monk, Denny LaFlare, Conductor Williams, Jay Versace, DJ Premier regularly working with Griselda.

I mean WSG's last 5 or 6 records are fire. I'd be happy for him to continue putting out those records, but he actually wants to give people like Jadakiss and Rae & Ghost the benefit of his album building skill.

Since Wu haven't really done anything in years, why object to the possibility? If it comes out and sucks you can always trash it later.

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    LOL
    damn if you do, damn if you with wu fans. daringer in my opinion is NOT a subpar producer. matter of fact, The kinda beats wu fans have been whining about wanting forever are what he does for most part and still, it ain't enough. Also, the point of is is hearing some different, something wayward from the usual suspect producers and features etc, it would be nice to see wu artists work with someone else in terms of album arrangement to see the contrast in both formulas. i think its refreshing and much needed.

now take it from someone who has inside scope. RZA since he got married ain't trying to do the shit ya'll grew up on, he simply has no interest and do not count on him opening up the vaults anytime soon. i won't go into detail why, just a hint that he is married and that plays a part.

LASTLY, these dudes are hot on the scene right now, i don't know about you over there but here, i've met new dudes who talk about griselda, if anyone has the clout to get ghost and rae in a studio together to work, this dude would be it, because believe it or not, your fav rapper loves clout and visibility too.
    First of all all daringers beats sounds more or less the same. And most of what I heard was very slow and repetitive. They all sound boring to me and to be honest I really wanted to like them but I just couldnt. Hes beats might be good for the style the griselda crew has but compare it to ghosts or raes first albums production. Its night and

Is rzas wife deciding what music he puts out now? Lol that was the best joke i heard yesterday. Inside scope? Lol thats the biggest bs in the thread. Are you hes familly or are you two friends?

They are hot right now you said. It doesnt mean anything. Look what eminem did to the 2pac album. He ruined the whole album.

I think wu tang still has clout they are just grown ups now twice the age since the 90's where they had the midas touch.

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    The guys name is Daringer. You also have dope producers like Alchemist, Beat Butcha, Camo Monk, Denny LaFlare, Conductor Williams, Jay Versace, DJ Premier regularly working with Griselda.

I mean WSG's last 5 or 6 records are fire. I'd be happy for him to continue putting out those records, but he actually wants to give people like Jadakiss and Rae & Ghost the benefit of his album building skill.

Since Wu haven't really done anything in years, why object to the possibility? If it comes out and sucks you can always trash it later.
    If it will be trash then why bother? They got fire and still making tours and get money.

Lol I do not understand these responses.

How about this: None of us have any influence over whether this project happens or not, so stop bitching about it.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

as long as WSG dont rap or put that poetry bitch on it, than rae and ghost should fuck with it

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Keisha Plum is awesome. Her poetry really adds to the tracks she appears on.

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Anyone still talking about "getting Rza and Wu Elements on the album" is still in Fantasy land it's not happening
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee3 View Post
    First of all all daringers beats sounds more or less the same. And most of what I heard was very slow and repetitive. They all sound boring to me and to be honest I really wanted to like them but I just couldnt. Hes beats might be good for the style the griselda crew has but compare it to ghosts or raes first albums production. Its night and

Is rzas wife deciding what music he puts out now? Lol that was the best joke i heard yesterday. Inside scope? Lol thats the biggest bs in the thread. Are you hes familly or are you two friends?

They are hot right now you said. It doesnt mean anything. Look what eminem did to the 2pac album. He ruined the whole album.

I think wu tang still has clout they are just grown ups now twice the age since the 90's where they had the midas touch.
    lol

i have heard vaulted RZA shit that is on some gravediggaz level work that he won’t ever put out , even in sessions , he has been asked to do the rzarectah ish and he vehemently refuses to. He is done with the style and era of work you are wishing for. and yes his wife doesn’t want him doing dark grimey shit anymore lol.

The truth sucks but it is what it is . He found his “cure” album rhyme pad, maybe that’s the closest you will hear of rzarectah style of beats. Even then , don’t count on it

Eastern village

lol

i have heard vaulted RZA shit that is on some gravediggaz level work that he won’t ever put out , even in sessions , he has been asked to do the rzarectah ish and he vehemently refuses to. He is done with the style and era of work you are wishing for. and yes his wife doesn’t want him doing dark grimey shit anymore lol.

The truth sucks but it is what it is . He found his “cure” album rhyme pad, maybe that’s the closest you will hear of rzarectah style of beats. Even then , don’t count on it
    Where did you hear the vaulted rza beats?

That hes wife talk doesnt make sense at all. I belive it has more to do with age and also he want to have fun. Sadly we as fans suffer from it.

Eastern village

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Lol I do not understand these responses.

How about this: None of us have any influence over whether this project happens or not, so stop bitching about it.

Sorry three hours sleep makes lazy writing.

What I meant is why make a album with a producer that is not up to par with rza or true master. Even dj mathemathics could run laps around daringer. Hes style sounds like a intro/outro to an album to me.

True none of us has any inlfuence on what they put out but this is a post about wanting a relative new artist a&r a album for two legends.

Not to sound like a downer but I belive we wont get a great album from any of the wu ever again.

8 diagrams was ok. A better tommorow was meh.

Wu tang might have set the bar to high for themselves in the beginning.

You must be new here.

i don't have the patience to go through my pedigree and history here. maybe someone else on here will tell you. but hey, i hope you get that 93 Rza album you desire. those of us who know, know that he ain't going there again.

Hell he stopped really sampling like he used to because some skateboard bozos told him at a guitar center that he ain't a real musician, what makes you think his wife wouldn't have a stronger influence on him? lol

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

FUCK that Guitar Center person, singlehandedly ruined one of the greatest hip hop producers.

Eastern village

You must be new here.

i don't have the patience to go through my pedigree and history here. maybe someone else on here will tell you. but hey, i hope you get that 93 Rza album you desire. those of us who know, know that he ain't going there again.

Hell he stopped really sampling like he used to because some skateboard bozos told him at a guitar center that he ain't a real musician, what makes you think his wife wouldn't have a stronger influence on him? lol
    First: I think youre trolling alot. (IS that you radrr van?)

Second: Ive been here since more or less the beginning of the site, just didnt register until 2004.

Third: I know rza dont really want to go trough the heavy sample style anymore as he said so in multiple interviews. He has said he got bored with being confined with the 8 bar limitation of hip hop and want to do more movie scores.

Fourth: I dont see why hes wife should have any input of hes musical output when it comes to music. Lyrics I could understand but beats is a diffrent thing all together. I think most musicians learnt from the John Lennon Yoko Ono debacle..

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

You must be new here.

Lol don't waste your time with this guy. He's going to keep going and going lol he thinks RZA still has one more Rzarector album left in him lol still waiting for an all wu elements album lol
    Last edited by Hollow Dartz; 09-14-2021 at 02:21 PM.
    Only a few years ago Hip Hop purists may have felt superior listening to hard core while their less enlightened companions snacked on commercial rap. As Shaolin research began to point out the overwhelming benefits of raw production, true hip hop enthusiasts started turning back to traditional styles. Wu-Tang in particular, has been shown to myriad beneficial effects, from warding off ignorance and poverty to reducing the risk of incarceration and death.