Thread: Raekwon songs that should've made the albums

Default Raekwon songs that should've made the albums

Over the years I've heard a bunch of Rae songs that are either on mixtapes or compilations or some kinda remix, and they're too good for those formats. These songs should've been on his proper albums. There's a bunch, but these always stood out for me...

Also, this Ghost track is too good for a compilation album or wherever he put it. Should've put it in one of his proper albums...

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

nada ignorante

N.I.

Veteran Member

So many! I'll add Street Mic Mechanic and Kids That's Rich

PRODIGAL SUN

Rae is the king of this

immobilarity in particular is torn apart into soundtrack and feature cuts that ahoulda stayed on the album

immobilarity shouldve had

wu tang cream team line up prod by dj scratch instead on funk flex vol 3
    respect power prod by infinite architects on whiteboys soundtrack
    The game ft ghost and prodigy prod by pete rock instead of petes album. Seems they did a trade sneakers for the game. Pete isnt on the song and rae does the hook as well. Would have fit the sound of the album.
    cuttin it up ft. Cream team ghost and killa sin. Ended up on a soundtrack.
    Black harrison/determination - ended up on gran turismo soundtrack.

add those to immobilarity and you have a muuuuuch stronger album. Now imagine adding a cpl of his big glfeatures then and you got an album thats like raekwon ft the industry versus cuban being rae ft wu tang.

cuban 2

blue eagles
    thousands to ms (these 2 are hardest songsbthat never made it)
    state of grace
    baggage handler
    pjs from afar (instead of the pete song he had)
    rockstars and smoking barrels
    batkan and robin
    A buncha shit. That era rae is dooe as fuck. Got like 4 albjms worth of bangers in that 3 years between vatican series, his other mixtapes like blood on chef apron, and unreleased cubans

And the young black sounds like a bulletproof wallets joint

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Rae is the king of this

immobilarity in particular is torn apart into soundtrack and feature cuts that ahoulda stayed on the album. immobilarity shouldve had

wu tang cream team line up prod by dj scratch instead on funk flex vol 3
    respect power prod by infinite architects on whiteboys soundtrack
    The game ft ghost and prodigy prod by pete rock instead of petes album. Seems they did a trade sneakers for the game. Pete isnt on the song and rae does the hook as well. Would have fit the sound of the album.
    cuttin it up ft. Cream team ghost and killa sin. Ended up on a soundtrack.
    Black harrison/determination - ended up on gran turismo soundtrack.

add those to immobilarity and you have a muuuuuch stronger album. Now imagine adding a cpl of his big glfeatures then and you got an album thats like raekwon ft the industry versus cuban being rae ft wu tang.

cuban 2

blue eagles
    thousands to ms (these 2 are hardest songsbthat never made it)
    state of grace
    baggage handler
    pjs from afar (instead of the pete song he had)
    rockstars and smoking barrels
    batkan and robin
    A buncha shit. That era rae is dooe as fuck. Got like 4 albjms worth of bangers in that 3 years between vatican series, his other mixtapes like blood on chef apron, and unreleased cubans

And the young black sounds like a bulletproof wallets joint
    I always though Cuttin' It Up was just a mixtape joint. Actually, Cream Team Line Up & Cuttin' It Up both sound like joints that should have been a prelude to a ACT album. And did not know about that GT song, nor that Cuttin It Up was on a soundtrack.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Veteran Member

state of grace and respect power for sure. I completely forgot about those and they are some of my favorite tracks from him

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I was soooooooo disappointed that State Of Grace did not make the final cut of Cuban Linx II....

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Jet Set View Post
    I always though Cuttin' It Up was just a mixtape joint. Actually, Cream Team Line Up & Cuttin' It Up both sound like joints that should have been a prelude to a ACT album. And did not know about that GT song, nor that Cuttin It Up was on a soundtrack.
    I found it on a soundtrack i forget which one. Went theu discogs tryna find all the rae songs i could from that era. The soundtrack version doesnt feature ghostface for some reason but its on a kay slay soundtrack in full. Both i think were on the ACT mixtape. Something which made me realize dipset bit creamteams whole american vibes (rae in color if flag in that mixtapes cover) they later ran with.

Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I found it on a soundtrack i forget which one. Went theu discogs tryna find all the rae songs i could from that era. The soundtrack version doesnt feature ghostface for some reason but its on a kay slay soundtrack in full. Both i think were on the ACT mixtape. Something which made me realize dipset bit creamteams whole american vibes (rae in color if flag in that mixtapes cover) they later ran with.
    Wasn't the ACT called Harlem Hoods first? Which makes it even more interesting, since Dip Set is all about Harlem. Also noticed the tracks that were on the Black & White soundtrack. ACT maybe had some potential.

HA. Just found something called the Blazin' soundtrack. It has the track on it, but it is credited to the American Dream Team. Yes, it was the Blazin' soundtrack: https://www.discogs.com/Various-Blaz.../master/822904

Regarding OB4CLII. Weren't Baggage Handlers & State Of Grace released like 12+ months before the album? When tracks are that old, people in general don't want to hear them again on an album. They waited too long.
    http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/6476/adjeod2.gif
    :: Wu-Tang Mountain is no more ::

Wu-Tang: failing the internet tubes since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenchild View Post
    Over the years I've heard a bunch of Rae songs that are either on mixtapes or compilations or some kinda remix, and they're too good for those formats. These songs should've been on his proper albums. There's a bunch, but these always stood out for me...
    I never heard the Raekwon vs Scam Jones mixtape, sounds dope, got to check that out. Dope idea picking the favorites from the mixtapes, however, some mixtapes stand good on there on own like Unexpected Victory, We Wanna Thank You, & Lost Jewelry.

https://www.datpiff.com/Raekwon-Unex...pe.295793.html
    https://www.datpiff.com/Raekwon-We-W...pe.661183.html
    https://www.datpiff.com/Raekwon-Lost...pe.443648.html

This song from DOOMs last solo album with Raekwon would also be another good track for your list.

Most definitely

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Unexpected Victory and Lost Jewelry don't hold replay value for me personally. We Wanna Thank You is dope to me.

Rae could put out an album w/ great mixtape cuts that could stand side to side with an album made up of the best tracks on Immobilarity and Lex Diamond Story. That's how good his mixtape and soundtrack cuts are.