Thread: Rest In Peace to Earl Moodie, owner of World Famous Moodie's Records

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Default Rest In Peace to Earl Moodie, owner of World Famous Moodie's Records

Jamaican entrepreneurial icon passed away yesterday after a long illness, he was well loved internationally and was extremely humble. I have known him for nearly thirty years and am honored to have been a part of the legacy of his great establishment. Reggae's strong influence in New York is largely due to him. Kool Herc is a regular customer and always showed Mister Moodie love. Rsonist of Heatmakerz purchased many of the records he sampled for hit songs from Moodie's. All respect to Mister Moodie.

Mister Earl Moodie was laid to rest today.
    May his legacy of being a pioneer in the New York City reggae scene always be remembered and his reliant words of advice and comfort for emerging artists and customers of his establishment continue to resonate to all who encountered him

How did you get to know Earl Moodie back in the day?
    Retired.

His store had been around for forty years
    I started going there ever since I was eleven years old. About half of my music collection is from there. He was a pillar of our community and a pioneer in bringing Reggae throughout the five boroughs in the eighties. So many people loved him in this neighborhood. His family, employees and customers will keep his legacy alive.

Rest In Peace to Earl Moodie one year ago today.