Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Genders

The ABBOTT

https://time.com/6105951/dave-chappe...x-controversy/

Chappelle special is really causing turmoil for all the trannies.

Meanwhile Demi Lovato's saying 'aliens' is derogatory and we should call 'em ETs. LMAO
    Retired.

The Dave Chappelle stuff is silly. He literally said the same things in previous specials and people got offended, and then he says it again, as if the problem was that they just didn't get it the first few times.

What he said is basically true btw, just not particularly funny.

The Chappelle stuff is way overblown. Comedy is increasingly becoming impossible to do. It wasn't his best show but bloody hell the reaction to Closer by the critics, twitter and the general media is insane. I've read article after article on why Dave is finished, why he is unfunny and why because of him people will go out and kill trans ppl.

Dave is an incredible comic, even though Closer was a dip in quality imo.

You can't cancel someone like that, cos who's left? These new comics are not superstars like that, they're gutless bums.

Banned

I’m not a huge Chappelle guy so I probably won’t get to the special any time soon but there is a ton of room out there for some great comedy.

And eventually the floodgates will open. There is nothing a true comic loves more than boundaries, and especially boundaries upheld by the most easily offended group of people in the history of the world whose beliefs are so fragile that a comedians joke could instantly collapse them.

Over a thousand Netflix employees are going on strike on Wednesday over Chapelle's TRANSmission

just go do your job fuckers
    Retired.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    Over a thousand Netflix employees are going on strike on Wednesday over Chapelle's TRANSmission

just go do your job fuckers
    People used to go on strike for better wages and pension.

Now it’s this dumb shit. These people need real problems not made up ones.

There are plenty of articles on Dave's side.

The funny thing is that the people protesting cannot articulate what exactly Dave said that was wrong, they have no real argument.

I think its basically a religious debate. You can believe whatever you like if it makes you happy, and have operations, hormones to help you live a happier life. But don't try to force other people to care. From a scientific standpoint, gender doesn't exist, only sex exists because its a provable biological category.

The gender stuff exists in peoples heads, like God or a political ideology. Its not a given that gender categories are the best way of dealing with the complexities of human self identity.

Banned

It’s a movement that was born out of humanities departments at elite universities, and spread to the institutions these “baby” elites eventually populate. Big tech and media is one branch. The Democratic Party currently is another.

I laugh when a progressive or democrat pretends they know anything about the working class. They’re so far removed from what that is right now. Really every politician. Some are legit but they are instantly ostracized unless they play ball.

I personally think they’re doomed. They’ve managed to piss everyone off aside from they most delusional supporters or people who benefit from what they push.

If you look at the polls of independent voters, it’s ugly for them. They’ll be forced to moderate for survival and the “woke” ideology will be the victim of their rage embarrassment.

The ABBOTT

Quote Originally Posted by Dooch View Post
    It’s a movement that was born out of humanities departments at elite universities, and spread to the institutions these “baby” elites eventually populate. Big tech and media is one branch. The Democratic Party currently is another.

I laugh when a progressive or democrat pretends they know anything about the working class. They’re so far removed from what that is right now. Really every politician. Some are legit but they are instantly ostracized unless they play ball.

I personally think they’re doomed. They’ve managed to piss everyone off aside from they most delusional supporters or people who benefit from what they push.

If you look at the polls of independent voters, it’s ugly for them. They’ll be forced to moderate for survival and the “woke” ideology will be the victim of their rage embarrassment.

Please tell me you are not the author of this incoherent rambling. Simple copy and paste job.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post

Please tell me you are not the author of this incoherent rambling. Simple copy and paste job.
    You getting cunty again? This ain’t the pork store, babe.

The ABBOTT

Babe? Not getting cunty Theo K. But to think independents are going to vote right after recent history shows that the right has lost congress, senate, and Presidental election. Just shows that Trans rights aren't a major priority. The party that can further itself from religion and culture wars and focus on workers rights and relief for the middle class would be ideal. But at this point either side is too ignorant to do so, it's probably about voter disengagement at this point.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by b-dolo View Post
    Babe? Not getting cunty Theo K. But to think independents are going to vote right after recent history shows that the right has lost congress, senate, and Presidental election. Just shows that Trans rights aren't a major priority. The party that can further itself from religion and culture wars and focus on workers rights and relief for the middle class would be ideal. But at this point either side is too ignorant to do so, it's probably about voter disengagement at this point.
    How about a gabbagol and provolone sangwhich up your ass, babe?